Opinons - GM Nav vs Avic D3 va Kenwood 7100?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuckyT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a new Yukon and I'm trying to decide between these three ways to go. I really like the integration of the stock headunit and the rearview camera - nice seamless and stock.

I've been impressed with the Pioneer unit and I can get it with XM Nav trafffic, iPod and Bluetooth for about the same cost installed as the stock unit. Backup camera somewhat more but if I add the ipod and Bluetooth to the factory until I figure it's a wash.

When I talked t the installer about the AVIC he pointed me to the larger screen and better unit in his eyes (read more expensive), doesn't do the Nav traffic but is about a wash because of that and the install is easier.

I know these have been hashed to death here but what I'm wanting to know is if you had a clean sheet of paper and about $22-2300 to spend on the head which way would you go?

One note of importance - I'm deaf in one year so improving the audio quality or sonic volume in the speakers and the amplifiers really doesn't do anything for me. I'm mainly interested in any thoughts about the installed look vs factory, ease of use and all that jazz.

Thanks guys.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion is to go w/ the Kenwood. Thats what I'll be getting once I decide to take that leap.....

CaMs

Reaction score
Im also not sure on what to do.. I currently had a carPC in my lexus for about 3 yrs and it was great... so im still debating if i should go OEM, carPC, or aftermarket doubledin.
Some problems that come to mind if i go the carPC, aftermarket way is that,
1 - I want to keep my steering wheel controls, would it be possible
2 - I currently have the factory rearTV unit... so how the hell would i get a DVD playing in there with a carPC or aftermaket system...

SO i think the easiest would be for me to just to get the OEM NAV, and call it a day...

check out this 07 tahoe carPC install
31423d1152590537-2007-tahoe-install-img_0785.jpg

31624d1153004050-2007-tahoe-install-img_0819.jpg

Here is the main thread, HERE

I think one of the best\clean installs ive seen.. it sucks that i came across this, because it makes me more confused on what to doo...
Also check through all the pages...there are alot of pics... i think the coolest thing is that he build a laptop touchpad into the center console armrest to control the PC....