Orange Dash Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayStang

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Can anyone tell me what the dash light shown in the picture below means? It's on my girlfriends 2007 Tahoe. She just text'd me the picture so I'm not there to look in the manual.

Thanks.

tahoe_dash_light.jpg

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that's the "check engine" light. Judging by your mileage, looks like there's a glitch in your vehicle computer. Probably need to take it to the dealer so they can run their diagnostics check on it. It's not necessarily the engine that needs service. Something else needs fixing. Usually when that light comes on that's the truck's way of asking for a diagnostics check because something else is not working properly.

JayStang

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. We'll have this looked at asap.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use your imagination it's supposed to look like the profile of a motor. So yeah, check engine light.

sarahw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jay--have her check the gas cap; if it's not closed properly that sometimes causes a "Check Engine" light. Good luck.

KarenCaren

Reaction score
Yeah you probably have an engine problem thats why the engine light is showing. You need to check it asap.

KarenCaren

Reaction score
Yeah you probably have an engine problem thats why the engine light is showing. You need to check it asap.