Oredered an 08 Tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we did it tonight, placed an order for an 08 Tahoe (goes in on Friday)

Also FYI the orders for 08's are going to end in a few wks I found out tonight.

Heres what we are getting

08 Tahoe 2wd LT1
Silver Birch Metallic
Ebony Cloth
Options
5.3L V-8 Flex Fuel
Locking Rear Diff
20" Wheels/Tires
3rd row 2 pass seats
Roof Rack Center Rails

6-9 wks!!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their going to 09, but thats in aprial i heard. and june is when they start production. if its earlier i will be over joyed as i waiting to order an 09 with all the new stuff.

beden1

Reaction score
I'm not real pleased to hear that, particularly since I just bought my new '08 in December. I guess GM is desperate to sell what they can, no matter how it affects their loyal buyers.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd why? We get some snow here but I can survive without it. The locking rear will be enough, I didnt feel that I needed it. If I really need 4wd I still have my Silverado. If its that bad I will just stay home you know?

I assume they are stopping production early is because of sales and they are trying to get rid of what they have out there? They did shut down the truck plant in fort wayne over the holidays for an extended period of time (I think 2-3 wks longer

beden1

Reaction score
2wd why? We get some snow here but I can survive without it. The locking rear will be enough, I didnt feel that I needed it. If I really need 4wd I still have my Silverado. If its that bad I will just stay home you know?

I assume they are stopping production early is because of sales and they are trying to get rid of what they have out there? They did shut down the truck plant in fort wayne over the holidays for an extended period of time (I think 2-3 wks longer

Thanks for your input. I did notice that of the six LTZ Tahoes the dealer had on the lot in December when I bought mine, all had been manufactured near the end of July '07. This is not a large dealer, so the sales up to that point were very slow. During December however, they sold five of the six LTZs.

I got a great deal very close to employee pricing, so I can see why they moved off of their lot so quickly. I'm really enjoying my Granite Blue Tahoe. I just hope it will be as trouble free as our '02 Suburban continues to be.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ah, yes! Finally someone like us...buying 2wd even when it isn't common, because 4wd is FAR, FAR from needed or wanted. We live in the Delaware beach areas, everything is flat, and winters are nothing, yet trying to find a dealer who doesn't order every single SUV and truck with 4wd is next to impossible. Even funnier, actually ask someone who owns one when they use it...and you'll get a blank stare, and often "Well...I think once when it got slippery once I put it in Auto".

Suffice it to say...we'll gladly take a truck that's lighter, has no extra differential to drag around or maintain, no unnecessary friction & drivetrain loss, etc., and go about our way in nearly anything with a 2wd & locker.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And on the ordering:

2008 Order Cut-Off:
April 1st (i.e. no more 2008 ordering)
2009 Production Start:
-July 21st (Tahoe, Yukon, Denali, Suburban, Yukon XL, Denali XL...Janesville, WI)
-July 14th (Suburban...Silao, Mexico)
-June 23rd (Yukon XL, Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Escalade ESV...Arlington, TX)

So, another month and a half of 2008 ordering, then another 2+ months of their production, the switchover, and then 2009 production starts in June/July with ordering starting in May/June while the last of the 2008's are being produced.

RC-Calypso

Reaction score
Well we did it tonight, placed an order for an 08 Tahoe (goes in on Friday)

Also FYI the orders for 08's are going to end in a few wks I found out tonight.

Heres what we are getting

08 Tahoe 2wd LT1
Silver Birch Metallic
Ebony Cloth
Options
5.3L V-8 Flex Fuel
Locking Rear Diff
20" Wheels/Tires
3rd row 2 pass seats
Roof Rack Center Rails

6-9 wks!!!

Is there a specific reason you ordered it instead of picking one from the lot? I always thought you could get a better deal by picking what is present at the dealership; unless of course there is something you cannot live without, and the dealer doe not have.

Congtatulations on your purchase!!!!

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many 2wd Tahoes do you see on the lots? Only ones they have in my area are 4wd LTZ $50K+ models. Also they are either White, black or maroon around here no silvers. There were 2 that were "close, probably 1K miles away" to what I wanted but I didnt need it right away so i decided to order. I ordered my 00 Silverado too. I didnt plan on ordering the Tahoe but it ended up going that way.

RC-Calypso

Reaction score
Gotcha,
I guess we are fortunate in South Florida. The majority of SUv's are 2wd, and even though most come with all the bells and whistles, you can find what you are looking for. Sometimes some wheelin'n'dealin can get more than what you wanted for less.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha,
I guess we are fortunate in South Florida. The majority of SUv's are 2wd, and even though most come with all the bells and whistles, you can find what you are looking for. Sometimes some wheelin'n'dealin can get more than what you wanted for less.

Yes, go from the Virginia Beach line downward...and 2wd becomes more and more common the further south you go.

Up north, next to never, aside from when a dealer just orders a random one to have a lower priced model and see how long it takes to sell.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here its a 50/50 chance, but i think most of the trucks are 4wd here because of all the cool offroad trails near by. we have had a total amount of 1/2 inch of snow this year and thats alot. :wow: