Our new 07-2012 GM Truck/SUV Intakes!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
2007-2012 GM Truck / SUV Intakes are now available on our website!!

If you have the following gasoline GM Truck or SUV from the year 2007-2012 then make sure to check them out on our website!! Click here and use the vehicle search tool to see the cold air intake specific for your Truck or SUV!

- Tahoe
- Yukon
- Silverado
- Sierra
- Avalanche
- Escalade
- Suburban

Check them out:

501-0100White.jpg

512-0100-BCloseUp.jpg

512-0100InstalledCloseUpDone.jpg

**FOR VEHICLES WITH ELECTRONIC COOLING FANS ONLY**

These new Truck/SUV intakes have the same great quality that you have come to expect from Cold Air Inductions Inc. such as an insulated airbox, ceramic coated intake tube, and our own brand of lifetime use high performance air filters.

We seen the following gains in our testing:

+ 11 WHP (wheel horsepower, hood closed during testing)
+ 3 ft/lb Torque (to the wheels)
+ Up to a 3 MPG increase in fuel economy

This new product was recently featured on Speed Channels TruckU! You can watch the video here: http://truckutv.com/?p=806

Let me know if you have any questions!! Thanks!!

clkelley

Reaction score
Those look a good bit more efficient than others I have tested. Especially with the insulated air boxes, and ceramic coated intake tubing. I do have a question though, in testing, on stock trucks, with only the intake installed and no other modifications, was there a throttle response delay when accelerating from a dead stop? Was tuning necessary to make the power gains at all or to allow for smooth acceleration from zero? That has been the biggest issue I have found with all of the intakes I have tested, they do really well by themselves to a point, but there also are the throttle response "lag" from a stop, etc.

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
Those look a good bit more efficient than others I have tested. Especially with the insulated air boxes, and ceramic coated intake tubing. I do have a question though, in testing, on stock trucks, with only the intake installed and no other modifications, was there a throttle response delay when accelerating from a dead stop? Was tuning necessary to make the power gains at all or to allow for smooth acceleration from zero? That has been the biggest issue I have found with all of the intakes I have tested, they do really well by themselves to a point, but there also are the throttle response "lag" from a stop, etc.

Thanks for your comments, and great question. We have seen and experienced nothing but improved throttle response after installing our intakes. This is due mostly to the fact that it is a less restrictive design than the OEM set-up, which allows for the sucking in of air faster when you hit the pedal. On some vehicles/engines it is more noticeable than others, and the power and acceleration rate can be felt more at different RPM ranges. For example, one of the biggest comments we get for our 2010+ Camaro system is that the throttle response greatly improved, especially from a stop, and if you have ever driven a new Camaro you would know that throttle response from the factory is definitely lacking due to the vehicles weight. Also, all of our intake systems are tested and sold for vehicles as a true bolt on in the sense that no tune is required to benefit from the gains we advertise, so while a tune would definitely increase the benefits even more, you will still get them on an otherwise stock vehicle. Off of the Dyno, HP and throttle response all become relative to the driver, but as I mentioned above, probably about 80%-90% of our customers report back with noticeable improved throttle response. I hope that helps answer your question, thanks for posting! :waytogo:

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
Any chance on making some for 2000-2006 Tahoe/Suburban?

No definitive plans at this moment, honestly I don't see us going farther back than the 07 for quite some time. As of right now we already have the rest of the year mapped out for design and development. "Like" us on Facebook though for an easy way to stay in the loop for new product announcements, because it is not completely out of the question, it is just a matter of time. Thanks! :waytogo:

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
Thank you the support we have already been seeing from this Forum, we appreciate it!!

jniolon

Reaction score
Bill,

I'm looking for some improvements for a 2008 Suburban 5.3L

Mainly in MPG but performance wouldn't hurt either... can you give me some numbers on increase in MPG and I'm also concerned about noise... how much more will I hear engine over the OEM box.

Hopefully next year I'll start towing a car hauler with a '53 F-100 street truck...around 5000-5500 # total... I'm sure the CAI will give me a little extra for that right ???

thanks
john

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
Bill,

I'm looking for some improvements for a 2008 Suburban 5.3L

Mainly in MPG but performance wouldn't hurt either... can you give me some numbers on increase in MPG and I'm also concerned about noise... how much more will I hear engine over the OEM box.

Hopefully next year I'll start towing a car hauler with a '53 F-100 street truck...around 5000-5500 # total... I'm sure the CAI will give me a little extra for that right ???

thanks
john

John,

Thank you for your interest in our products, I would be happy to address some of your questions/concerns.

As for MPG, fuel eceonomy is based off of many factors, including tire inflation, the type of fuel, weather, elevation, the speed at which you drive, the gear in which you drive, the speed with which you accelerate, engine maintenance, excessive idling, cruise control, the grade of motor oil you use, and of course, the condition of your air filter. That being said, your experience in positive or adverse mpg changes could be completely different than others. When we tested the product doing some simple data logging we seen a little over a 2 mpg increase, which was over a relatively short drive distance and was not on the hwy. That being the case, I would see a 3 mpg increase on the hwy being attainable, but again there are a lot of factors at play.

As for engine noise, anytime you are moving greater volumes of air at a higher rate of speed you can hear it more. Because we offer an enclosed air box design, your "noise" factor should not change that much. What you will hear is a little deeper "growl" or exhaust tone at WOT, and you may hear more of the intake sucking in the air when you punch the throttle.

The extra HP and TQ should definitely give you performance gains that you can feel, especially when towing,

Hopefully that helps answer some of your questions, thanks again and let me know if you need anything else. :waytogo:

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Bill. The numbers you are posting as gains, were these with a 5.3L or a 6.0L? The reason I asked is the same kit fits both engines, and I have a 5.3L. I just wanted to know which engine you used for your testing.
Thanks, Ned

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
Hi Bill. The numbers you are posting as gains, were these with a 5.3L or a 6.0L? The reason I asked is the same kit fits both engines, and I have a 5.3L. I just wanted to know which engine you used for your testing.
Thanks, Ned

Ned, we did our testing on the 5.3L engine. I would anticiapte slightly higher gains for the 6.0L engine. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions! :waytogo:

MCADA2010

Reaction score
Intakes

my 08 suburban needs some noise and performance. Would you agree this is the best one on the market?

Sales @ CAI Inc

Reaction score
my 08 suburban needs some noise and performance. Would you agree this is the best one on the market?

Of course!! We are the only company that goes to the lengths we do to get you optimal performance coupled with excellent fit and finish. Let me know if you have any specific questions, otherwise make sure to check out our website!!