Paint suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C2DJ

Reaction score
I just bought my wife a 2006 Tahoe. It has 130k miles, immaculate interior, runs good, no leaks. It is a LT with all options including entertainment package. I bought it cheap because it needs paint. It is black and I have a local shop that will paint a single stage complete job for $1650, and a base coat clear coat for $2350. The clear coat includes wet sanding and buffing after a couple of weeks. He will color sand the single stage for an additional $150. Since the color is black, my instinct tells me that the single stage with color sanding will look better than the base coat clear coat for a little less money, it just will not last as long. The vehicle is already 10 years old but we do plan to keep it al least 5 more years. Any recommendations are appreciated. I do not expect to get show quality for this price, but would like it to look as nice as possible with a budget. Thanks in advance.