Painting tahoe headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houtex

Reaction score
One thing that I like about black Tahoes is how the headlights blend better (to me at least) with the body of the truck. Has anybody else thought about painting the headlights to match your paint? Here's a pic,maybe someone with some photoshop skills (not me) match'em up with the paint please.
7R319547-2sm.jpg

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For better look, pull the Daytime Running Light Bulb fuse to turn them off. Second replace your signal bulbs with chrome bulbs, so that you do not get the amber reflection in the headlights.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about it too, it looks good. Also what Scotto said are good ideas too. And we've seen the amber side markers painted over too, sometimes inside, sometimes on the outside.

Hey Scotto, where did you say before to get those bulbs at? And are they 1157s, and are they a bitch to get at for replacement?

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn off DRL manually by turning switch to the left. At least on my 08 I can do it that way. But you have to do it each time you get in truck.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine cheap from http://www.xenonmods.com/chromebulbindex.htm
3157 Chrome Bulbs Dual Filament Amber when lit

They are a bitch to change. If you are doing any headlight bulbs or anything, do it one time all together.

Some one has a post on process of changing bulbs.

Thank you. I've got one side burned out already, pretty new. Good news is the dealer owes me the entire headlight assembly from a small scratch on delivery, if I can ever get there. But I want to put these in, will have to do both still anyway. It's retarded that you have to practically disassemble the whole front end just to change a light bulb.

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted mine to match :) I have a friend with a white tahoe and I told him to do his, he won't let me. I don't know why, mine turned out great.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted mine to match :) I have a friend with a white tahoe and I told him to do his, he won't let me. I don't know why, mine turned out great.

That's an understatement, yours is the nicest I've ever seen. I think I'm gonna go look up your old thread just so I can stare at it for a while.