Passenger Side Lo Beam Won't Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced both bulbs (with cool blue bulbs), checked the underhood fuses and looked at the wiring harness. I checked the wiring with a volt meter and it is dead, but the high beam, turn signal, DRL, Horn and side marker lamps all work.

Where should I look next? Could the wires failed somewhere further down the line? Looks like I'm gonna be pulling the wiring harness - unless (hopefully) someone has an idea for another fix......

Thanks in advance.

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the wires going into the plastic part that house the bulb, sometime the connection pulled apart by letting the headlight housing hang by those wires. This happened with my DRL, and that was the case.

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give that a shot - I tried pushing them into the plug firmly....but I'll give it another try. I might strip a small section of wire on each side an inch back and test it there - that'll tell me if it is the plug. Thanks for the tip. Funny that everything was fine then with no reason it just quit working.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a Volt meter to the plug. See if your getting any power. Also it may be a bad bulb, Put the driverside bulb in the passenger side and vice versa, see what works and what doesn't.

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya it just happened all of a sudden to me too, it most likeley happened when you changed the bulbs, as it was probably loose any way. I tried pushing that thing in too, but mine was fully disconnected. Good luck!

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bulb that was in use went out - I bought new bulbs - I know they both work (tested in the working side). Tested the blug contacts with a voltmeter but I haven't checked the wires further down the chain yet - gonna do that tomorrow.
They are pretty strict here in lovely DC Burbs/northern Virginia - just don't wanna get caught with a 'popeye'!

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya that sounds just like the problem I had with mine, I had the dealer fix it, but Im not sure how to go about fixing that with out installing a new one, but im sure some of the guys here could tell you.