Pics of member's rides (Updated)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might as well get in on this......

PC080125.jpg

PC080126.jpg

PC080128.jpg

PC080127.jpg

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i like it except for, the grill. just throws the whole front of the truck is off. also why would you shave it then stuck a badge on the back hatch? doesnt make any sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like it except for, the grill. just throws the whole front of the truck is off. also why would you shave it then stuck a badge on the back hatch? doesnt make any sense to me.

I like the badge on the back, dont care for the grill IMO. Everything else is pretty tight though, i love that color on the hoes

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for chimin' in fella's. We all have different taste and can rep our trucks how we like'm, that's what it's all about now isn't it? If is wasn't we'd all be rollin' stock and have a lot more money in the bank!

ronerider

Reaction score
I will never understand, why do people ruin a perfectly good truck/SUV by ,

1: Lowering it and ruining the suspension
2: Installing bigger wheels and ruining fuel mileage, traction and suspension

Why not buy a Vette instead, it is designed to be low, powerful and has great traction.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Why not buy a Vette instead, it is designed to be low, powerful and has great traction.

So obviously your truck must be stock right? . people can do what ever they want to there truck. why not make your truck look the way you want it. and who buys a tahoe/yukon/ or any truck for fuel economy? i dont know one person who has.

ronerider

Reaction score
The reason I bought a Tahoe (my second in 10 years) was because I need 4X4, ground clearance and towing capability. Therefore truck is stock.

tenmark262

Reaction score
Tahoe-1.jpg

The PPVs are bone stock but are built for performance and durability. ...and tested/designed to give a service life over 250K miles - the truck will fall apart around the drivetrain.

I've always had fast cars, Corvettes, XK8s, Trans Ams, and more but with a family now I need something more practical without giving up the fun.

Looked at the Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limiteds and Trailblazer SSs but like the Tahoe best. Not for the dyno times, PPVs aren't zero to 60 monsters, but for durability. And it can take a corner like my Jag any day of the week.

As for ricers, rat rods, modders... I appreciate the time and money people spend on their rides - especially the ingenuity that goes into some it!!

Last edited:

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all good........

So obviously your truck must be stock right? . people can do what ever they want to there truck. why not make your truck look the way you want it. and who buys a tahoe/yukon/ or any truck for fuel economy? i dont know one person who has.

Ronerider,

Just as you ponder these things, which are false, I could pose the same question about guys who want to go driving around in the dirt but I know the answer.... because that's what they like. Lowering your ride improves the suspension when you do it right. My Hoe' handles 100% better than it did at stock height, much less body roll better response. Granted the turning radius is less due to the tire size but I like the way it looks and can live with that. As for fuel economy, I bet for sure I am getting better MPG's( 16+ city 20+ highway) than your stocker. You see a few upgrades can get you almost to where the hybrids are, assuming you don't drive like an a-hole. By the time I am done and add the dual catback exhaust and electric fan I can probably add an MPG or two to that. As for traction...hmmm 10'' wide contact point versus stock chevy wheels seems like the 10's win on that and with the added horsepower from the mods there is more than enough juice to turn'em. Also the lower you are to the ground the less drag you get so that is another + to lowering.

It is certainly not for everyone, don't get me wrong. Some folks only like vanilla ice cream but I'm not knocking those folks. Stock is great if that does it for you but for me, I want to get all I can out of my machine and customize it to look the way that makes me happy. If I wanted to go romping around in the dirt I would buy a jeep or a pre-runner not an SUV, that's just me.

It's all good in tha' hood my man and I ain't hatin' on anyone for having an opinion........cause we all have'm.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ronerider,

Just as you ponder these things, which are false, I could pose the same question about guys who want to go driving around in the dirt but I know the answer.... because that's what they like. Lowering your ride improves the suspension when you do it right. My Hoe' handles 100% better than it did at stock height, much less body roll better response. Granted the turning radius is less due to the tire size but I like the way it looks and can live with that. As for fuel economy, I bet for sure I am getting better MPG's( 16+ city 20+ highway) than your stocker. You see a few upgrades can get you almost to where the hybrids are, assuming you don't drive like an a-hole. By the time I am done and add the dual catback exhaust and electric fan I can probably add an MPG or two to that. As for traction...hmmm 10'' wide contact point versus stock chevy wheels seems like the 10's win on that and with the added horsepower from the mods there is more than enough juice to turn'em. Also the lower you are to the ground the less drag you get so that is another + to lowering.

It is certainly not for everyone, don't get me wrong. Some folks only like vanilla ice cream but I'm not knocking those folks. Stock is great if that does it for you but for me, I want to get all I can out of my machine and customize it to look the way that makes me happy. If I wanted to go romping around in the dirt I would buy a jeep or a pre-runner not an SUV, that's just me.

It's all good in tha' hood my man and I ain't hatin' on anyone for having an opinion........cause we all have'm.

Amen. That's what this thread is about, to see different trucks and get ideas for mods. If you want to see 20 pages of stock tahoes maybe you should check out another site.

http://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/

http://www.gmc.com/yukon/index.jsp

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lowering does not ruin the suspension... in many cases this can be an UPGRADE.

And like it was said before me... has ANYONE purchased a tahoe/yukon/escalade for fuel economy? EVER. As for traction... I have never, ever, ever lost traction in my oversized tires... and i drive like a loon! something about 12" or rubber on the ground that makes me feel safe.

as for buying a vette... i got my tahoe for 12k... find me a vetter for that and we might have a conversation. Not to mention, i think i would have a wife and a couple kids that would be none to happy about not having the extra seating and crago area.

The reason I bought a Tahoe (my second in 10 years) was because I need 4X4, ground clearance and towing capability. Therefore truck is stock. QUOTE]

I can respect this man, seriously! People buy their trucks/cars/vans/trains/planes and so on for what suites their needs. You clearly need to go offroading and need the clearance and what have you...

I needed the cargo area with room to haul my family in a SAFE american made vehicle... plus i just like the tahoe... always have. I will never take my truck off roading so the clearance is not neccesary...

Maybe you could sift your prespective just a little bit, if you saw things from a different point of view, maybe you would understand why people lower, lift, shave, chop, customize their trucks.

tenmark262

Reaction score
Yea, there's definitely something to be said for lowering them. Mine's been lowered at the factory and has a heavy duty suspension, reduced turning radius, etc. Don't know why they're all not made that way.

I picked up a nice 98 Vette last year for less than $12K. They're out there if you look hard enough.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...As for traction... I have never, ever, ever lost traction in my oversized tires... and i drive like a loon! something about 12" or rubber on the ground that makes me feel safe.

Then you drive too slow :smilielol:

dumbass.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like both a minor lift and drop on trucks, I don't like Super Slammed looks neither do I like Monster truck lifts but hey thats IMO.
Damn Boost what happened there?

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea... i can get it loose in the rain! and do as often as posible. never put 'er in a ditch though... and i DONT have AWD, that takes tallent boost! Im impressed.

I still think i have better traction with my oversized tires than i would with stockers. There is a lot to be said about the quality of the tire you put on your truck (although i have GTII's, which arent superb by any means)

tenmark262

Reaction score
Tahoe-1.jpg

The Police Pursuit Tahoes are supposed to slide... with traction and ABS delete, and the General Ameritrac H tires, you've got to be up on it and be far from reckless.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys down there in Texas, New Mexico California, Nevada, etc. are starting to get on my nerves…….
I can keep my truck clean for 5 minutes around here. I’m just jealous :bur2:

Last edited: