Pics of member's rides (Updated)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I will never understand, why do people ruin a perfectly good truck/SUV by ,

1: Lowering it and ruining the suspension
2: Installing bigger wheels and ruining fuel mileage, traction and suspension

Why not buy a Vette instead, it is designed to be low, powerful and has great traction.
You don't have to understand; it's not your truck. But here are a couple points that condradict your post:
1: Lowering doesn't ruin any part of the suspension if done correctly.
2: Bigger wheel/tire combos actually improve traction. A lower center of gravity improves handling and at the same time, helps to keep the truck more stable and therefore safer during emergency manuevers. Fuel mileage may go down a little, but imo, a good trade off for a better handling and safer truck.

If I wanted my truck to perform like a vette, I would have bought a vette instead. But I need a truck for a handful of reasons that a vette can not provide. And while I'm towing my boat and other cars with my truck, I might as well look good doing it in the style I like to do it in.
If everyone had the same opinions and the same truck as yours, it would be a rather boring world for car enthusiasts. What would be the point of all the thousands of aftermarket accessory manufacturers and shops? There's a reason the aftermarket car/truck accessory outlet is a multi-million dollar industry.

The reason I bought a Tahoe (my second in 10 years) was because I need 4X4, ground clearance and towing capability. Therefore truck is stock.
Like many other members here, I don't need ground clearance nor 4wd, so my truck is dropped. And I can still tow my boat and race car with no problems. There are also people here that don't need 4wd or the added clearance, but lift their trucks anyway, because they like the look. I like both lifted and lowered styles, but could never ride stock. But I DO understand why some people keep theirs stock ,and I never ask why. People and their tastes are different, whether it's cars, food, entertainment, etc.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grocery Getter,

That ride is beautiful man. I like everything about it, even the grill. Makes me wish I still had mine in my avatar, same color and everything!

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys down there in Texas, New Mexico California, Nevada, etc. are starting to get on my nerves…….
I can keep me truck clean for 5 minutes around here. I’m just jealous :bur2:

I'm in Arizona (between New Mexico, California, and Nevada)... does this make you happy...
Tahoe059.jpg

Here's mine... nothing much to it yet... but, it works for us. :thumbsup:
Tahoe014.jpg

Tahoe019.jpg

All I've done: 5% tint... Magnaflow Exhuast... aux reverse lights

Still waiting to get with tybardy and snag his stocker '05 tails....

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has been raining here for like a month... my truck is FILTHY!!!

the front end is coming together nice ghost!! very sexy

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has been raining here for like a month... my truck is FILTHY!!!

the front end is coming together nice ghost!! very sexy

thanks, just needs some rims and an exhaust now. i got a dd to put in, went with the infinity component set and coaxials, polk 10's, and the 2 amps to install still.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:
yea... i can get it loose in the rain! and do as often as posible. never put 'er in a ditch though... and i DONT have AWD, that takes tallent boost! Im impressed.

I still think i have better traction with my oversized tires than i would with stockers. There is a lot to be said about the quality of the tire you put on your truck (although i have GTII's, which arent superb by any means)

I wish My 07 could break free. Silverado takes like half throttle in the rain. and 3/4 to break free on dry pavement, I can power brake it quite easilly too. Yukon cant do a damn thing, to many nanny mechines. Plus the rear end weighs alot. Silverado I put sand bags back there if Im traveling an extended period in rain. But its still great fun to break free and I practice this alot.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you live looks cold as hell!?
Why do you have fender turn signals and I think im also seeing headlight washers?

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People, stop quoting everyones pictures. It's annoying seeing the same thing 5 times in a row because you feel the need to chime in "nice" or whatever.

Sorry for being a dick, I'll post pics of mine ... whenever I take pictures of it.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
People, stop quoting everyones pictures. It's annoying seeing the same thing 5 times in a row because you feel the need to chime in "nice" or whatever.

Sorry for being a dick, I'll post pics of mine ... whenever I take pictures of it.
Good point.
If you would like to quote someone's post that has pics, you can go back and delete the img code so that only the text appears while you're in the reply window. This way the pics won't show up in multiple posts.

I went back through and removed the mulitple pics to help keep the thread less cluttered.

Last edited:

tahoeswe

Reaction score
Oh NVM your not in the US huh?

Just bought the car and the horrible fender flares will come off as soon as possible, or will be replaced with something smaller/nicer, something to cover up the drilled holes :mad2:. I live in northen Sweden and yes it´s cold as hell this time of year.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took these today. Vette and yukon cleaned by my self yesterday since it was 80 degrees here. Silverado got all dirty. O yea it rocked. Sorry for the trailer in the pic (much easier to tow this than the 7k monster I usually use, best 400 bucks ever spend) But I took all the old garage cabnits to the land fill today. I need to put pics up of my garage all completed with my super awsome new set up. But here are the trucks.... and the vette. :D

Please excuse my horrible lawn. I fired the crew becuase they bumped the price up to 800 a month just to mow and edge. I went out and bought a super nice lawn tractor for 2 months worth of their work. I have been neglecting it being so busy. But here are pics

The kon. Look how sexy that shine is...:D
yukon-1.jpg

Next is the silverado.... Look how sexy that dirt is...:D
silvi.jpg

Here is the vette. Look how sexy it is.....:D

vette.jpg

here is me trying to fit all three in to the picture.

all3.jpg

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is something really weird looking about your silvy RT... and its not the lade rims

2 E L O

Reaction score
My '07 2LT... Mods in sig... All I have planned for it is possibly a spacer to level the front end and maybe a BB tune.... We'll see...

1063.jpg

1071.jpg

My '69 Mustang Fastback that I completely restored... Small block 351 Windsor... TFTW aluminum heads, big cam, custom built Holley carb, 3000 rpm stall, Currie rear end, etc...

ap1fullwp.jpg

original-1152x864crop.jpg

DSCN1560small.jpg

DSCN1595small.jpg

When I first got her...

Mvc-002f.jpg

When I had her torn apart...

Fastbacktoredownbig.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is something really weird looking about your silvy RT... and its not the lade rims

I cant figure it out. Its with the front end. Right??? it looks kinda different to me. IDK, its got a big engine. tows the boat well, and is in great condition.

It may be how quadrasteer looks, IDK. But that front end to me is different. Not the headlights, But the whole engine front end. IDK.

I was involved in a minor front end fender bender. the old owners put a non HD hood on when it origionally had an HD hood. Is that the difference maybe???

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the longer i look the better i see, the front end seems higher off the ground, the orange marker lights on the roof, the truck bed fenders are also weird looking, not the normal sivly rear fenders... all looks very different from any other silverado i have ever seen