Poll...To Lift or to lower....

To lift or To lower????

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running a 2wd and would love to see it lowered 2/3, not slammed though. If I had a 4wd, I would raise it. There are so many different types of wheeling out there from mud, to rocks, to snow so who's to say what is right or wrong. My Kon is not going to be a 40K desert pre-runner, only a pavement princess so lowering is the way to go for me on this one.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The point was, you posted a poll about lifted or lowered, you never stated wether it was 4x4 or 2x4.. - and then u came back in later and said u dont know why anyone would lower a 4x4.. - and then made a comment about someone using a lowered 4x4 in the snow.. - but, it was lowered 3/2 - thats not a major differance, all thats going to do is level it out and bring it down about 2 inches all the way around, that will improve the over-all handling and cornering ability.. thats why they would lower it-with the 4x4 still functional.. - back before i bought my kon i test drove a dodge-ram 4x4 that was slammed on 24s and the 4x4 was still functional - no i didn't buy it.. i drove it and it felt like i was driving a slug.. - but what treepete and the other guy was saying, they barely lowered it - its not slammed.. thats what too many people get in their heads when u talk about lowering something they automatically think well that things draggin the ground.. when its not.. i agree a slammed 4x4 makes no since - but a nice 3/2 drop or somewhere around there w/ a 4x4 system can be a huge advantage think about the subarus that are AWD - notice how they are low to the ground but they go thru any weather condition quite nicely.. When you lift a vehicle up its handling and cornering get poor.. sure it will go thru the mud, snow, etc.. - but, when u lower it down a couple inches under stock that improves its handling and cornering and you can still go thru about any on-road condition

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The point was, you posted a poll about lifted or lowered, you never stated wether it was 4x4 or 2x4.. - and then u came back in later and said u dont know why anyone would lower a 4x4.. - and then made a comment about someone using a lowered 4x4 in the snow.. - but, it was lowered 3/2 - thats not a major differance, all thats going to do is level it out and bring it down about 2 inches all the way around, that will improve the over-all handling and cornering ability.. thats why they would lower it-with the 4x4 still functional.. - back before i bought my kon i test drove a dodge-ram 4x4 that was slammed on 24s and the 4x4 was still functional - no i didn't buy it.. i drove it and it felt like i was driving a slug.. - but what treepete and the other guy was saying, they barely lowered it - its not slammed.. thats what too many people get in their heads when u talk about lowering something they automatically think well that things draggin the ground.. when its not.. i agree a slammed 4x4 makes no since - but a nice 3/2 drop or somewhere around there w/ a 4x4 system can be a huge advantage think about the subarus that are AWD - notice how they are low to the ground but they go thru any weather condition quite nicely.. When you lift a vehicle up its handling and cornering get poor.. sure it will go thru the mud, snow, etc.. - but, when u lower it down a couple inches under stock that improves its handling and cornering and you can still go thru about any on-road condition

take a deep breath tuffguy. If I offened you, my bad. Happen to post my personal feelings on it and I shouldnt have.

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the Tahoe id lower the Tahoe but not slam it. If I decide to keep mine and not sell it im definitely lowering the mofo these things look so nice lowered.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, thee is nothing wrong with a mild lower, whether 4x4 drivetrain or not.. I all depends on your purpose/preference.... although I will say this: Bagging and tubbing a truck, any truck, (or any vehicle what so ever as far as I'm concerned) looks absolutely retarded in my opinion. Most especially a truck, a truck is supposed to be roomy, higher off the ground, able to carry loads and do work that a sedan or something is unable to do. Putting tires on it with a 1-1/2" sidewall and getting it so the body of the truck is like an inch off the ground is just completely pointless to these vehicles. I mean, people like what they like, put it always brings a tear to my eye when I see a once tall and proud truck with it's balls chopped off sitting on the ground.

I really don't plan on doing anything to the suspension in mine, but if I DID do anything, I would lower it like 2" or 3" all around. I'm building a drag truck, so the extra lowered stance would help in the aerodynamics and center of gravity department. I DO plan on building an offroad truck down the road with some 33" on it and a nice 4" - 6" lift.

blaquegenius

Reaction score
I don't do a lot of off-road, however I'm in favor of lifting. I have 99 Tahoe and looking into purchasing a 6in lift kit to start. When it comes down to it, I believe it will always be about personal preference. I've seen awesome looking lowered tahoes, but I just have an affinity to the lifted trucks...

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came lowered, kinda like it, very hard to get my 3ton jack under the stump guard tho......