power seat memory problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparvin

Reaction score
Hey guys, I like the site. Just found it and already got some help w/my A/C issues. I have another question relating to the driver's power seat and memory. My wife and I both drive her yukon and have the memory programmed for our seat positions. However, sometimes it is way off, like going all the way back or not near enough. Sometimes it works perfect and other times you have to keep adjusting it to where it should be and at this time, when going back or forward, the seat will go for 1/2 second, then stop (while you are still pushing the button), so you try again and basically repeat this process until it gets there. Other times it works just fine, but we do have to reprogram the seat memory a lot. Only other electrical issue is that sometimes the clock resets, but this does not seem related at all to the seat issue. The clock thing has happened twice, and the seat issue is about 60-70% of the time. Any ideas? I've checked fuses-all ok.

Thanks

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

my 03 burban is doing the same thing i would also like to know what causes it it sounds minor but it is very annoying

come on guys give us some help on this

sparvin

Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not the only one w/the problem. Maybe someone will come forward w/a solution.

ryanhemi

Reaction score
Ditto on the seat memory. Mine is an '04 and have not found any answers.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
?

this many people with the same problem and no one has a fix yet thats weird the folks on this site can usually fix anything

i think we have finally stumped them all!!!!!!!

sparvin

Reaction score
Well, glad no one's come on and said "yeah mine did that, then blew up."!!! No one knows the answer? Why, when adjusting it manually, does it sometimes go just fine and at other times, stop on its own, requiring me to release and reapply the button to move? I'm thinking relay somewhere, but heck if I know. Almost like it's throwing a circuit breaker to stop the process?

Oger

Reaction score
I am having this same issue, has anyone come up with a solution?

sparvin

Reaction score
Yeah, mine was a paperclip on the track. Found it looking hard w a flashlight. Could be loose change too