Progress pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comments/Suggestions welcome! 3/5 kit going in tomorrow!

Day 1

Attachments

• 2001_tahoe_before_021709.JPG
    2001_tahoe_before_021709.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 2001_tahoe_before_back_021709.JPG
    2001_tahoe_before_back_021709.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 40

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have recommended a 3/5 kit.. Otherwise its tittie. I love white trucks.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks brothas, I can't decide on putting the factory Denali body kit on..I think it looks pretty damn sick but on the fence..

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from the bay area. Also recomend to 3/5 drop. These trucks look hella good dropped.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from the bay area. Also recomend to 3/5 drop. These trucks look hella good dropped.

Werd from DFdub area! No sh!t they do..kit goes in tomorrow man - can't wait!

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That drop kit is going to look great with those rims. I also really like the painted running boards. Clear corners and LED tails would complete the look IMO. Nice ride.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!
Do something with those tails though, maybe LED!

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look real Hard and diffidently look even harder with that kinda drop and those rims!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop it and get some bigger brakes. Bigger sway bars will make it handle much tighter.

NJ04HOE

Reaction score
Have you thought about color matching the front lower valance? I've seen one in white and it looked damn good. Maybe the top of the rear bumper also.
What about clear corners,LED tails (or light smoke on the stocks) and a escalade roof rack?

Looks hot so far keep up the good work,and don't forget to post pics with the drop.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about color matching the front lower valance? I've seen one in white and it looked damn good. Maybe the top of the rear bumper also.
What about clear corners,LED tails (or light smoke on the stocks) and a escalade roof rack?

Looks hot so far keep up the good work,and don't forget to post pics with the drop.

I'll look into that..thanks for everyone's comments

BK

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
painting the lower vallance looks super sick! the nali package looks nice because its the nali package... and... well... it looks nice, but i think you are working on some really nice things as it is with the painted running boards. Paint that vallance and you wont be disapointed... then either get a Z71 rear bumer (they are painted) or denali rear bumper (same but different) or a rear bumper cover and paint it white.... i do love white! :D

edit - i have a question to anyone who has painted the bottom vallance or any other plastic trim peice, do you sand it and bondo it first? the reason i ask is because i question the ability of the paint to adhear really well to that stuff, not to mention it is textured.

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
painting the lower vallance looks super sick! the nali package looks nice because its the nali package... and... well... it looks nice, but i think you are working on some really nice things as it is with the painted running boards. Paint that vallance and you wont be disapointed... then either get a Z71 rear bumer (they are painted) or denali rear bumper (same but different) or a rear bumper cover and paint it white.... i do love white! :D

edit - i have a question to anyone who has painted the bottom vallance or any other plastic trim peice, do you sand it and bondo it first? the reason i ask is because i question the ability of the paint to adhear really well to that stuff, not to mention it is textured.

My man - do you have a wide body kit on yours? I just took mine off and have no use for it - if you need the pieces for extras or to replace a cracked one I'm happy to send. The only one that is jacked is the driver-side rear along the door. I couldn't get the damn thing off so I took a screwdriver to the middle of the piece for leverage :thumbsup: Talk about a pain in the ass - the guy who installed them used a helluva lot of some caulking material to put those bastards on!

BOSS

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Ty

I'm not a painter, but I'm currently having my running boards painted. I'm pretty sure you have to sand it down to get as much of the texturing off as possible. You would then have to start in with coats of filler primer and more sanding until you get the piece smooth. I think you then follow up with at least another coat of regular primer to help promote adhesion. My painter assures me it's a time consuming process...haha.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My man - do you have a wide body kit on yours? I just took mine off and have no use for it - if you need the pieces for extras or to replace a cracked one I'm happy to send. The only one that is jacked is the driver-side rear along the door. I couldn't get the damn thing off so I took a screwdriver to the middle of the piece for leverage :thumbsup: Talk about a pain in the ass - the guy who installed them used a helluva lot of some caulking material to put those bastards on!

BOSS

If by wide body, you mean the factory fender flares, then yes... i have the Z71 and it comes with all the painted body moulding. Here are a couple pictures, i want to paint all the grey body moulding white to match the truck.

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

BOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ty - that's some purdy paint bro.

Got the hoe lowered today - will post pics up tomorrow :D

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was so close to lowering the hoe 2/3, but decided to spend the money on intake/muffler/tune instead....

and i think next i will work on getting the plastic painted, saving for long tube headers as well