Pumping Gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rksportinc

Reaction score
I think the tahoe has a defective angle on where you put gas in. Everytime i pump gas the automatic shut off on the pump clicks off. I have to Hold the pump Up and push the nozzle in. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. my girlfriend thinks its me, but I have never had this problem before.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I think the tahoe has a defective angle on where you put gas in. Everytime i pump gas the automatic shut off on the pump clicks off. I have to Hold the pump Up and push the nozzle in. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. my girlfriend thinks its me, but I have never had this problem before.

I have experienced this problem as well, some pumps seem to be more temperamental than others.

rksportinc

Reaction score
yeah, I noticed that some work better then others too, but never once filled the tank up all the way without it stopping.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only had that clicking off problem once, but have noticed that almost all the pump nozzles feel like they want to jump out of the filler tube. I feel like you need to hold the darn thing or it'll come out, fall and scratch the hell out of the paint and soak me with gas.

lawrencesor

Reaction score
happened to me a few time now. will put it on auto shut off, it always shuts off at 75.00 for some reason, i start the car and its 3/4 full. i have to pull my cc back out and do another transaction for 25.00 bucks.. always wondered y, but i guess it happens..

sdoo25

Reaction score
happened to me a few time now. will put it on auto shut off, it always shuts off at 75.00 for some reason, i start the car and its 3/4 full. i have to pull my cc back out and do another transaction for 25.00 bucks.. always wondered y, but i guess it happens..

Most pumps are set to shut off automatically at $75. There was a thread here or at another forum I frequent. Most of us never realized this maximum when gas was cheaper, now a lot of us are hitting the max depending on how long you go between filling your tank. This is a gas station issue, not the pump issue like the OP is talking about.

I also sometimes have issues, it seems to depend on the pump or the station.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be an air lock problem. Happened on my friend Duramax. The tank was not venting properley so they replaced it. Only happened once since I had truck, so I don't think it is a design problem.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I haven't had that problem. But whenever I've had that problem in the past with my 02 it was because something was the matter with the pump itself. Something I can't stand more than this issue though is the issue of the gas gauge flucuating day to day. I'm almost sure others have had this problem.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have that problem, where I live gas cost $3.91 a gallon and it does automatically shut off at $75, but the other day I noticed my tank gauge pretty much sits on full when it does that, even though it was completely empty before refueling, its weird, I'd think it'd be about 3/4 full but I guess I shouldn't be complaining though!