Q about lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to prevent the lights from turning on until the engine has started? I have an 04 Hoe and I've covered the sensor on the dash because driving lights is mandatory where I live. I also have HID's and they light up when I turn the ignition to on, but don't always come back on after starting the engine. I have to turn off and on the lights to have both start. I guess a harness would solve the problem, but I really don't need the lights to come on until I've started the engine.

The 2000 Hoe I had before didn't turn on the lights if I started it with the parking brake engaged but turned on when I released the brake. Is there a way to make it so on the 04 Hoe?

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wire a 1.5K ohm resistor in parallel with the light sensor. It will think it is light outside all the time. You will just have to manually turn the lights on and off..

Custom73

Reaction score
Didn't all the tahoes come from the factory with daytime running lamps, or was that optional in 2000. Had a friend with a '98 that had drl's.