Quietest mangaflow system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk450er

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe which is my wife's and I want to put an exhaust system on foe better flow/performance. She DOESNT want it loud. She had exhaust on previous vehicles and just doesn't want it to sound loud. I'll leave the noise to my straight pipe on my diesel:waytogo:. I have used mangaflow in the past and love the product. The only cat back system I had seen is the #16564 on summit. I'll eventually get an intake and programmer but I won't do too much else on her ride, per her recommendation. For those that have this system is it about the same loudness as stock while cruising? If anything is much louder than stock she don't want it. Thanks

Kunihiro

Reaction score
Well,

quite frankly in my opinion, simply changing out to a cat back exhaust isn't going to give you much in the area of performance, but it will put a dent in your pocket book at a price of $700.00 plus. It will give you a little better flow, but not that much and you won't really notice it.

Why don't you just go to an exhaust shop, have them remove the muffler, retain the resonator and have them install a Magnaflow muffler, #12289.

It's a little louder than stock at low speed, but hardly noticeable at cruising speed.

This is what I did to my '07 Tahoe (except I had them remove the resonator on mine) and it's fine.

Just a reminder, at least here in CA., if you tune your car, it will probably void any existing warranty, if that's a concern.

Just my opinion.

Allen

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Just installed Magnaflows on my truck and it sounds awesome.
I welded up my own system all stainless steel then coated it with some heat ceramic paint.
Nice quality mufflers for sure with a very nice rummble.
If your looking for a great deal on mufflers check out GotExhaust.com
Great pricing and super fast delivery.

IMG_2498_zpsecb10fbb.jpg

IMG_2517_zps60802fba.jpg

Excelsior20

Reaction score
I just bought a used 07 and the previous owner put on a cat back, single pipe Magnaflow setup. It sounds unreal at idle and doesn't roar too much under load, however, when I'm on the freeway and the engine drops to V4 mode, it drones. Alot.
My wife isn't a fan of that noise already.. It might have to go:(

blk450er

Reaction score
Do you think the magnaflow system sounds about like the stock caddies? Around town with the window down they have more of a deep mellow roar than my 5.3 w/ stock exhaust

Otto Preminger

Reaction score
I just purchased my first truck! I've wanted one for years! I purchased a 2010 Lariat crew cab. I'm adding a few accessories to it, and one thing I'd like to change is the ugly single side exhaust on it. I'd like to put dual rear facing pipes on it, but every system I am finding is for performance.
Airbag Module Reset Tool