radio wont shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usarmyharley

Reaction score
just bought a 1998 tahoe 2dr 4x4..and for some reason my radio doesnt shut off even with the keys out of the ignition and the doors shut...i can turn the radio off but it still illuminates the clock so it doesnt fully shut off anyone know how i can fix this so it doesnt run down my battery?

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first things first ..wsup man post a pic of that 2 door lol second is it an aftermarket or stock radio

usarmyharley

Reaction score
lol thanks ill get some pics up soon got a couple more things i wanna do to it before i post pics of it....its the factory tape player

usarmyharley

Reaction score
welp it was buggin me so i went outside to mess around with it and got it fixed...come to find out once u crank the vehicle the ignition doesnt have to be off for you to pull the key out...so when i turned the ignition back instead of stopping for all power to be off i was actually switching it all the way back to the accessory switch so therefore the radio still worked...if that makes any sense

Razincayne

Reaction score
welp it was buggin me so i went outside to mess around with it and got it fixed...come to find out once u crank the vehicle the ignition doesnt have to be off for you to pull the key out...so when i turned the ignition back instead of stopping for all power to be off i was actually switching it all the way back to the accessory switch so therefore the radio still worked...if that makes any sense

Sounds like your switch is going south on you. You shouldn't be able to pull your key in the accessory mode.