Radio wont shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxGal

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe, recently when I turn the Tahoe off and get out the radio is not shutting of. By any chance did I change a setting to do this or is something broken. The tahoe is new to me and with all this new stuff on cars these days I am not sure what is going on.

Thanks for the advice :waytogo:

Tex99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, TxGal, I'm clueless about your later model, but I recall something about 'retained power' after the ignition switch is turned off, something about allowing passengers to operate windows and the radio while you step out to try on the latest cowgirl boots.

Whatcha could try is to turn off the radio BEFORE turning off the ignition switch. If that works, you've solved it. If not, sounds like the radio (power switch) needs to be checked...

TxGal

Reaction score
Retained power

Thanks so much for the reply !!

What I have been doing is just turning the radio off when I turn the Tahoe off but I thought I remembered when I opened the door when the car is turned off the radio went off. But who knows maybe I am getting old and don't remember correctly. When I looked through the owners manual I saw the part about retained power, but I did not see a setting to adjust it. If anyone knows please let me know. !!

:happy160:

kutza

Reaction score
we had similar issue after a warranty drivers door lock replacement. The replacement part was faulty, and and internal switch powers down once open. That became bad.
You may need to chk the drivers door lock?