Really Bad Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say quit your complaining , you pay a whopping 12 bucks to fill your tank.:mad2: j/k i would say something is wrong tho, take it to the dealer thats what warrrenties are for.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah hes from SA.

.50$ a gallon.

man thats nice.

the crappy mileage shouldnt be a concern then. 10 miles for 50 cents there vs. 10 miles for $4.25 here. and on top of that, the FORCE us to use the 10% ethanol. how worthless is that?!?

You could take it to the dealer and have them check it.. best of luck.

effect

Reaction score
your extreme heat + AC if your going uphill alot that will all drop your MPG by alot... even slight uphill on my 5.3 mpg go's to about 13MPG .

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a clear nite when you stand on your bumper, you can see the Eiffel Tower. :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

Texasguy

Reaction score
Arlington, TX (Home of the Tahoe factory)
The MPG readout in the dash is a running total that keeps tabs until reset. You can reset it just like the trip odometer by pressing the check button. So if you drive really crappy and get low mpg's then start driving slow and easy without resetting the unit it will continue to calculate a running total and remain low. When I first bought my Hoe it said 10 mpg for weeks from being started a lot and being test drove I guess, it had me thinking my mileage was that bad, but then I reset it and my average since then has been 15.5 mpg.

foytix

Reaction score
i've got 1400 miles on my 08 suburban and the dic is showing 15.6 average. of course i drive like an 80 year old with a right foot made out of feathers (lol)
on a side note my wife drives like a 16yr old who just got their license.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got 1400 miles on my 08 suburban and the dic is showing 15.6 average. of course i drive like an 80 year old with a right foot made out of feathers (lol)
on a side note my wife drives like a 16yr old who just got their license.

1400 Miles/23 gallons = 60MPG

:bs:

randyfaz

Reaction score
.50 cents a gallon..... I'm thinking we shift our warriors from Iraq to Saudi and make that our 51 state? Do they have a military? Don't think so.

Just venting. Just filled my 07 Tahoe and the pump stopped at $90. I guess my debit card has it's limits to. UGH!!!!

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If gas was .50 a gallon here, I'd be okay with driving a 10mpg suv gas hog...would not care what so ever...sorry but I just filled up today and topped out at $104.78...whats it cost you like $15 bucks to fill up!? That .50 is blowing my mind right now...

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what the gas costs - if there's something wrong with his truck, there's something wrong with his truck.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what the gas costs - if there's something wrong with his truck, there's something wrong with his truck.

It doesnt matter? Yeah maybe something is wrong with his truck...simple solution is to take it to the dealership...other than the main topic in this thread has been .50 for gas lol

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesnt matter? Yeah maybe something is wrong with his truck...simple solution is to take it to the dealership...other than the main topic in this thread has been .50 for gas lol

I was pointing out that people seemed to be saying "Who cares if your mileage is bad at $0.50/gallon??" The point is that there's apparently something wrong with his truck. The dealer needs to fix that.

SAUDILTZTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.50 cents a gallon is not my fault, if you want you can come and live here. I posted here to try to find a solution before i take it in, not to be given a hard time:rolleyes2:

It's going in next week for 3000 miles check and have this problem diagnosed.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh, Im sorry if you were given a hard time. We werent aiming it at you I just think that some folks on here are a bit grouchy with the $4 per gallon prices, and who wouldnt be!! I got a gas bill of $1000 last month......owie! But yes, your mileage is a bit louzy. Im not sure how you tend to drive, but as long as you dont drive like you stole it, it shouldnt be THAT bad.