Rear bucket seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe and because of lokal car tax rules I have 3 seats in the front and no rear seats since this makes the car cost 1/3 compared to having rear seats. When the car is 10 years I can install rear seats without any cost. Are there buckets that fits in the rear of my car like the new Hoe's and Subs?

EliteTahoe

Reaction score
Dont know what you mean with bucket seats...?
2nd or 3rd seat row?
You know the multiple punishment for installing more than 3 seats in those cars?

BTW, my own is a 2000, only one year left :p

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd row 2 seperate seats.

What do you mean by multiple? $130000 extra on the tag isn't the only one?

"Only" 5,5 years left on mine. :D

EliteTahoe

Reaction score
Well... the big extra money for converting the truck to a passenger car, driving with passangers in not approved seats with no safety belts, new EU-test and so on.

THe seats I got with my car is 2+1. I believe that the single seat is to be removed if the 3rd row is installed.
Two single seats could be great in this car with some modifying on the console.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Where do you guys live?
I've never heard of this stuff."

+1 on that.

What the crap are you guys talking about? Are you saying you only have front seats, and no other seats... or you have the 2nd row (where the rear doors are) and not a 3rd row. If you only have front seats because of some wacky law, that really sucks. What would be the point of a 4 door vehicle if it did not have passenger capacity?

I have never heard any of this (doesn't mean it does not exist), just sounds weird.

BH

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP's are in Europe, there are many different regulations and taxes.

It sounds like the OP has the front (driver and pass) seats but removed everything else to avoid a tax on the number of people the truck can carry. In its current config its more of a "work truck" than an SUV so taxes would be lower.

I'm pretty sure the OP would like to purchase a pair of 2nd row buckets.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm from Norway. A new 5+ seat Tahoe cost $200000+. One with only 2/3 seats in the front cost appx $80000.

When a 2/3 seat car is 10 years installing the rest of the seats is free.

EliteTahoe

Reaction score
one of the rules is that a cage between front seats and loading bay is installed. APPROVED cages. Removing or modifying the cage is causing the government to make you pay for having more seats installed.

Some of the tricks to avoid high taxes:
1. Convert the car into a heavy truck. You need a stricter license to drive those. The truck is approved to have a total weight of 7500kg.
Truck needs a cage between seats and loading bay.

2. Approving the car as a delivery truck. Standard driver license.
Total weight max. 3500kg. Cage is often moved further to seats, people over 1.9m have problems with knees hitting the dash.
This is class. A

Class B. Deliv.trck is only approved when loading space is at least 90cm width, 110cm Height and 160cm depth. This is why many of those cars have been ruined by modifying roof, floor and carpets.
Those laws had to be made because of all the audis, vw's was classed as deliv.trcks. Btw, this class A is not beeing approved anymore.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a case a few years ago, when the new touran was imported.
550 was approved as class B, until the Gov. discovered they was not holding the dimensions. None of them could be approved, and people had to pay A LOT more for those cars, as 60% of the price i directly taxes.

Price of installing extra seats in my car, cost 6000$ today. In a year and a half, it costs have reduced by 98%

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm from Norway. A new 5+ seat Tahoe cost $200000+. One with only 2/3 seats in the front cost appx $80000.

When a 2/3 seat car is 10 years installing the rest of the seats is free.
Wow that really sucks. $200000+ USD?

Mark

Reaction score
one of the rules is that a cage between front seats and loading bay is installed. APPROVED cages. Removing or modifying the cage is causing the government to make you pay for having more seats installed.

Some of the tricks to avoid high taxes:
1. Convert the car into a heavy truck. You need a stricter license to drive those. The truck is approved to have a total weight of 7500kg.
Truck needs a cage between seats and loading bay.

2. Approving the car as a delivery truck. Standard driver license.
Total weight max. 3500kg. Cage is often moved further to seats, people over 1.9m have problems with knees hitting the dash.
This is class. A

Class B. Deliv.trck is only approved when loading space is at least 90cm width, 110cm Height and 160cm depth. This is why many of those cars have been ruined by modifying roof, floor and carpets.
Those laws had to be made because of all the audis, vw's was classed as deliv.trcks. Btw, this class A is not beeing approved anymore.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a case a few years ago, when the new touran was imported.
550 was approved as class B, until the Gov. discovered they was not holding the dimensions. None of them could be approved, and people had to pay A LOT more for those cars, as 60% of the price i directly taxes.

Price of installing extra seats in my car, cost 6000$ today. In a year and a half, it costs have reduced by 98%

Man, and I thought California registration fees were bad :eek:

That is a weird system if you ask me. So you have to wait 10 years from the time you purchase the vehicle to put rear seats in, to avoid taxes?

WOW!

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, and I thought California registration fees were bad :eek:

That is a weird system if you ask me. So you have to wait 10 years from the time you purchase the vehicle to put rear seats in, to avoid taxes?

WOW!

10 years after the car has first been registered on Norwegian plates you can install rear seats without paying the tax difference between car and truck. The same thing goes for car vs van with only front seats. Truck registration was for cars weighing more than 3500kg. That taxrule is gone now. I guess they don't want people who don't need rear seats but want a big SUV to be able to afford it. The big cars can still be bought as a car with no rear seats cheaper than with rear seats. I think these rules were made to allow companies to buy a cheaper car I they didn't need rear seats.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wont be long before retarded tax laws like the op's are applied here in the US

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything to suck us dry. No wonder Norway is one of the countries with oldest cars despite we're one of the richest countries in the world.

Fyrcaptain

Reaction score
I will never complain about my state's vehicle regulations again......I will never complain about my state's vehicle regulations again......I will never complain about my state's vehicle regulations again......I will never complain about my state's vehicle regulations again......I will never complain about my state's vehicle regulations again......

EliteTahoe

Reaction score
some pics.....
SKatt.jpg

SKatt6.jpg

skatt4.jpg

SKatt2.jpg

SKatt5.jpg