Rear hatch issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

primetarget

Reaction score
Hi, Brand new to this forum.

I just encountered an issue with my 1995 Tahoe.

I have the configuration of a glass hatch that opens upward and a tailgate that opens downward.

I pushed the remote button today and the glass did not pop open. I tried the button on the dash and it did not pop it open either......although I can hear a faint click coming from behind the area of the dash switch.

I can still open the glass hatch with the key but I really miss the convenience of the push button.

Any suggestions where I should start?

Thanks in advance, Dave

primetarget

Reaction score
Rear hatch issue solved very simply

I did not get any replies on this forum but I am happy to report that I have solved the problem.

I discovered later that my door lock buttons on all four doors were not working along with the rear window hatch button.......but I could lock and unlock all doors with the key fob.

Of course the first thing I wanted to check was the fuses. I opened the fuse block and looked at the panel to find out which fuse was for the door locks. To my surprise......there was no fuse labeled door locks. I also checked the fuse block under the hood.....no fuse for door locks.

All the while.....I am thinking that if there was a bad fuse, the door locks certainly would not operate with the key fob.....right?

Next I consulted my Chilton Service Manual. I looked up fuse block for my year , make , and model and it showed that fuse #13 was for the cigarette lighter and door locks. I pulled out fuse #13 and it was fine as I suspected.

The problem was......I was not pulling #13. I was pulling the one above it ....#7.........by accident.

Once I discovered this, I pulled #13 ( a 20 amp fuse) and it was fried. At that point I remembered that I had tried a different cigarette lighter in the socket a few days earlier. That must have been when I blew the fuse.

I replaced fuse # 13 with a new fuse and now my rear window hatch and all door locks work just as they should with the door buttons and the key fob buttons.

I am still very baffled about why those locks still worked with the key fob when the fuse was blown........weird.

Not going to worry about it...........keep rollin.

Miami-Dade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Tahoe looks brand new Dave!! Love it!! Check out the sister site tahoeyukonforum.com..It is a lot more active..I am sure everyone there would really love to see your Tahoe!!

primetarget

Reaction score
Old photo

Thanks Miami ! Full disclosure.....the photo is about 8-10 years old, but the Tahoe hasn't changed much except for tires, brakes, and mileage.