Rear Windshield Wiper Troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkwhite

Reaction score
Would appreciate any help and/or ideas - the rear windshield wiper in our 2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71 just quit working. We tried replacing the wiper motor but it still doesn't work. Checked the fuses - even checked the wiring in that hidden under the dash fuse block but everything looks good. Thanks for the help!

Custom73

Reaction score
Use a test light or voltage meter. Check for power at the wiper motor.

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the drivers side of the dash is a fuse block check the 15 amp rear wiper fuse also make sure the rear liftgate is closed and glass is closed this will keep the wiper from not functioning.

rkwhite

Reaction score
We replaced the fuse although it appeared to look good and we checked for voltage at the switch as well as at the motor and all was good - we're stumped.

fifity50

Reaction score
I had the same issue only on a 2000. I had a bad ground I ran another good known ground and it is working.

cburchel

Reaction score
I had the same issues on my 04 and it ended up being a broken wire in the wiring harness at the top right when you open the hatch. Take that rubber boot off and it was the orange wire. I believe it is constant hot.