Recently got a 99 Tahoe ls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gypsy

Reaction score
Hi from the New Mexico high desert up in the east mountains. Just traded an old Honda Civic for an old Tahoe so I can make it up and down the dirt gravel road and haul small loads of hay. 196k. Great shape. Getting bfgoodrich ko2 165/75r16 all terrains tires and bilstein 4600 shocks next week. Also an oil change, differential and transfer oil change. Hope I got it right... Not sure if I should change (but not flush) tranny oil? It's new to me but I really like my Tahoe. Any advice from those who know would surely be appreciated. Great forum. Thanks ahead.

Gypsy

Reaction score
the gfgoodrich 165/75r16 ko2's just arrived. man, they look great! bilsteins should be here soon. reading up on tranny fluid i saw that if the fluid is red and smells right a change and a filter are a go, and mine is red and smells right. so next week it is tires, shocks, and oil changes for the engine, rear diff and transfer case and the tranny. i'm pretty excited. there are many places here in new mexico to give those tires a go. never 4 wheeled before... i'll go easy.

1ATony

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

Tony :headbang:

BobV

Reaction score
Thanks!!!:peace: I have a 1999 4x4 tahoe with 99,000 on it and love it. Like to put on a leveling kit 2" can anyone help me with it?:help:

Last edited: