Remote start systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
... the remote start from a mile away is also pretty baller.
Yea, the mile range is bad@ss. I have the older model that only has the 1/4 mile range. One of these days I'm going swap mine for one of the newer models with the 1 mile range.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a little hornet security system in mine.. and a DEI starter.. its kinda weak(the signal).. but oo welll.. im in ohio its not that cold here..

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... Ive read everything.... I think I know what alarm im going to look at. Now my question is this? Being that the factory remote comes with lock/unlock/panic you can run the aux features thru multi press of a certain button. Now obviously i wouldnt want to carry two remotes so could I totally stop using the factory remote all together and just use the one that comes with whatever system i get? or would i have to be stuck holding down buttons to make things work or ect?

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im actually on the clifford site now and im looking at the matrix 50.5x. I favor the cliff remote better. but what all can this thing do? to piggy off my above question....

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any input guys? Boost,. where did you order your Matrix 50.5 from?

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a Prestige 997a 2-way r/s alarm($130) this past weekend and i dont know how i went without it. i had the previous prestige model (996)in my f150. though in the tahoe I dont have the comforts of heated seats :sad: i have the option 3 wired to my strobe power supply so i can scare people from across the parking lot. i only have the 1/4 mile range.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im leaning toward the clifford martix 50.5.... is this the top clifford model... I hear a lot of good about Viper also ( same company) but their remote isnt as nice to me:thumbsup:

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find the clifford and the viper to be nice units ... I got the 5900 isnt the clifford
easier to install than the viper some reason?

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Viper Valet 562T in my Hoe, doesn't have the alarm, however I have always used the DEI systems and never had any issues at all. Long range? Not sure how long but it always works from the chairlift to the cabin, long enough for me. Very inexpensive, then again I didn't want something that had all the gadgets, just something to warm up or cool off the rig before I got there.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK - what would be a good remote start system for me to get? I dont care for an aftermarket alarm. I would just like a stand alone remote start system that I will utilize my factory remote.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
JK - what would be a good remote start system for me to get? I dont care for an aftermarket alarm. I would just like a stand alone remote start system that I will utilize my factory remote.
Viper 160 and Hornet 570 are a couple good ones. Check out DEI's site. They make a few stand alone remote start systems you can integrate with your factory keyless system.

CeboTahoe

Reaction score
road1wil, i want the exact same thing. I had remote start on a car a few years ago. it was great. i lived where it got 110 in the summer, so i would start it early with the a/c on. then walk out and get in.

But i definitely want it to be integrated in my stock system, and no need for full alarm at this point. I will have to check out the site.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still havent gotta a clear answer as to my above posted question.
Let me repeat it, Im leaning towards the Clifford Matrix system and I wanted to find out, when i get it, will i just totally eliminate using my factory remote? and also, how do you run the multi options? does it become holding ceratin buttons or multi pressing?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I still havent gotta a clear answer as to my above posted question.
Let me repeat it, Im leaning towards the Clifford Matrix system and I wanted to find out, when i get it, will i just totally eliminate using my factory remote? and also, how do you run the multi options? does it become holding ceratin buttons or multi pressing?

You can eliminate the use of the factory remote with the system you are looking at. You'll get different functions from the remote by pressing or holding a button, or by pressing a combination of buttons.

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the Python 990 (alarm/remote starter) in my Tahoe and in my TBSS. The system is pretty good. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the DEI systems. I was looking at the Autostart but decided to go with the Python instead.