removal of doorpanel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danjelo

Reaction score
How do you remove the interior door panels on a Tahoe 03? Pics would be awesome!

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Haynes manual it will be your friend! Parts Store.

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think i can help here, as i had mine off last week end changing the speakers
(sorry i dont have pics of this, but here goes)

1)remove one 7mm hex bolt behind the door pull handle(this screw is about 2 1/4" long)

2)remove the same screw, same size, behind manual door lock knob
hint: i used a very small precision flat blade screwdriver (in alabama we know this as a "minus"):smilielol: use this to gently pry out the manual door lock tab and housing-you will see this screw as soon as you remove this door lock housing( the indicator is the part that has the bright orange on it)

3) at this point i like to remove the interior-colored "triangle " piece at the top right, by the window that gives access to the outside mirror---just work it loose by gently pulling--it has 2 or 3 metal clips on the back side of it--just pull evenly and gently all around it.

4) put your hands on the bottom of the door panel, and give a firm push---straight up--i also placed one hand on the door pull and one at the base of the door panel and pulled straight up; the door panel will now be loose--you will see it just "hangs" on the door frame with white colored clips--
****remember**** the door panel will have wiring coming from controls for windows, doorlocks, heated seats at the drivers door module---also the courtesy light at the bottom left of the door panel will also need to be considered---the bulb and socket will come out by pinching lightly on the connector base and pulling towards the front of the vehicle; the drivers door module has connector plugs that will pull out in the same manner--
****ALSO**** as i was removing mine, or learning how to, rather, i heard a slight cracking noise; no damage was done to mine, but i learned that these panels are made out of fiberglass, which doesnt flex much in my experience, so be gentle, and it will come right off--
good luck with it--
marcus

Danjelo

Reaction score
Thank you Marcus!
That was very informative and descriptive. I appreciate your help!

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no prob, Danjelo--

i wouldnt know myself if i hadnt done this just last weekend!!:lol:

Danjelo

Reaction score
I already did it. Pictures are always good for the next guy though! :)

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would like to see pic's if you have them.

Well.....if u can wait till saturday evening, i can have some up, since i will have my seats, doorpanels and most interior torn apart--doing a radio this weekend........

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would like to see pic's if you have them.

....Some folks have asked for this, so while i did my audio this weekend, thought id post a few pics--just follow the previous instructions, and use the pics for reference. use baggies for all the small parts, screws, small panels, etc and label them to keep your sanity. The back doors are a little different: there is a screw behind the door pull like the front doors, but the second screw is at the bottom inside of the panel: drivers= bottom right, passenger= bottom left, and you can see what happens when you are not thorough enough, you end up breaking stuff, fortunately for me, there was no noticeable damage, and the screw went back in and had something to hold on to----dont forget to unplug that courtesy lamp on the inside of the door panel; and also tape the loose wire up to the plastic, again i did not, and the bulb shattered when i accidently pushed the door to get around it...
and BE PATIENT when putting them back on; if they give you trouble, somethin aint right, remove it, double check your work, and try again, b/c if everything is right, the door panle will hang right back in place in 10 seconds--
---Please add if i have forgotten something--
M.

2912491_13_full.jpg

2912491_15_full.jpg

2912491_16_full.jpg

2912491_17_full.jpg

2912491_19_full.jpg

2912491_20_full.jpg

2912491_21_full.jpg

2912491_22_full.jpg

2912491_23_full.jpg

2912491_24_full.jpg

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a little different on the '01 Tahoe, I'll post those pics when I get back home.

I'm sitting stranded at the Buffalo airport cuz of weather in Chicago. Whee.