running board question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if anyone saw my pic i posted of my hoe,it has fiberglass running boards that my wifes uncle(who we bought truck from) had painted camo,well when guy painted them he sanded off the rough material on the steps that keeps you from slipping on the board,anyone know of a product i could repaint just the step part with that would make it so you can step up on it again without busting your butt(like i did this morning stepping up on it),i hate to have to buy new running boards.any help would be appreciated

BlackRain

Reaction score
Use skateboard tape stuff, or paint it with Duplicolor Truck Bedliner in a rattle can.

ShowImage

fyremanpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive tried that truck bed liner and didnt stick for nothing. i would stick with out door grip tape.skate grip tape wouldnt handle weather very well.

Five

Reaction score
Ive tried that truck bed liner and didnt stick for nothing. i would stick with out door grip tape.skate grip tape wouldnt handle weather very well.

Before you used the bedliner stuff did you prep the running board steps with some light sand paper (220 grit), even a scotch brite pad would work ok. I think if you do this the bedliner stuff will work fine