Sea Foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard many things about using Sea Foam to clean out the fuel injectors but have been looking for a step by step for the 2003 Tahoe. Can anyone assist me in this matter?

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the engine for a few minutes, then dis-connected the brake booster line and put 1/3 of the can in the line (going twards the engine) with a funnel. Let it sit for five to ten minutes, then I started it up and watched the show. I had to drive around the block after most the smoke came out to burn the rest through. Thats just what I did, Im sure others have some ideas.

d15bastard

Reaction score
I ran the engine for a few minutes, then dis-connected the brake booster line and put 1/3 of the can in the line (going twards the engine) with a funnel. Let it sit for five to ten minutes, then I started it up and watched the show. I had to drive around the block after most the smoke came out to burn the rest through. Thats just what I did, Im sure others have some ideas.

I would definatley change the oil afterwards. I have used sea foam before, worked well if used properly.

ZIsbell

Reaction score
If it does like tranny fluid, it probably broke loose every piece of carbon in the engine, more than likely thats what tripped a sensor somewhere.

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing the brake booster vacuum is the approx 1/2" diameter rubber hose coming off the interior side of the brake cylinder assembly?

ruf455

Reaction score
Follow what it says on the can. It truly works. I've seen it clean up completely fouled up oil spark plus on old carboned up 350's etc. If you run it in your crank case, don't run it long, and drain it right away. Pour the 1/3 through the booster hose (just enough at a time to keep it running) and then some into the tank. It will make things improve, especially if the vehicle has a history of running around at low RPM's and ideling around daily in traffic.