Seat Covers and Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my leather front seats are starting to show their age and could really use some new covers. I have been kicking around the idea of replacing the covers with the ones available through latemodelrestoration.com. They seem to be priced well and look to be an exact match for my current seats. I'm also thinking that while the seats are out, I can replace my carpet as well. Does anyone have any experience with either of these products? I am "refurbishing" my truck as I can since I guess I'll be keeping it for a while (was kicking around the idea of just cashing out a 97-99 'Burb and selling the Yukon, but I know the maintenance history on the Yukon and it will be paid off soon enough).

A little OT, for those of you that replaced the autoride shocks, was it difficult? I need to do that as well and I found the shocks for $199($189 if i go through ebay). That will be coming very soon, in the next week or so.

TIA :)

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno about covers. I would look into a leather replacement package from Gm or one of the GM parts sites. Or.....depending on where you live, (in NJ for me) there are a bunch of Latino upholstery shops in Paterson NJ who specialize in custom cars. I had them put a new top on my GTO convertible and it was awesome and inexpensive. That would be the route I would go.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what they are, replacement leather covers, similar to the Katzkin or other aftermarket kind. Let me see if I can add a pic.

Edit - Pics Added
Here are pics of the products I had in mind:

Leather replacement seat covers -
seatcovers.jpg

Front Carpet kit(firewall to right behind rear seats) -
frontcarpet.jpg

Full Carpet kit(firewall thru back of truck) -
fullcarpet.jpg

Last edited: