Should GM bring back a 2dr model Tahoe?

Should GM/Chevy bring back a 2door model Tahoe?

• Yes

Votes: 121 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 63 32.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawstly

Site Admin
Reaction score
Wow, its interesting to see such strong opinions on this matter. I would have never thought someone would be "opposed" to GM just offering another version.

I think more options the better (to a degree) however the new Tahoe design is nice that I think it could appeal to a broader audience and I also would like to see GM pull back out front of Toyota in regards to sales as the #1. One way of doing that (in my opinion) is to take the winners (such as the Tahoe) and offer more diversity. :thumbsup:

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously tho, my uncle had an old Blazer that I loved to ride in as a kid. Fun truck, and he used to fly in that thing!

Looked kinda like this '67/'68, but I can't remember the exact year it was (hey I was a kid):

69-70%20blazer.jpg

My Dad has a beautiful restored 72 K5 Blazer w/ 4" lift, 33's, full convertable, 383 stroker. It's an awesome truck. I always loved the 2DR Tahoe's. My old roommate has a 97 White one, but he doesn't take very good care of it. Both door handles on the inside are busted, and one side mirror is ripped off from when he backed up too close to a wall. What a shame....

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, its interesting to see such strong opinions on this matter. I would have never thought someone would be "opposed" to GM just offering another version.

I think more options the better (to a degree) however the new Tahoe design is nice that I think it could appeal to a broader audience and I also would like to see GM pull back out front of Toyota in regards to sales as the #1. One way of doing that (in my opinion) is to take the winners (such as the Tahoe) and offer more diversity. :thumbsup:

It's not so much that I oppose GM offering another version, I love Tahoe's but my argument is still functionality. True if you don't have any kids and dont have more than one person in the car with you a 2 door Tahoe would make sense but so would a car, unless you go offroad which 99 percent of SUV buyers do not (happily I am part of the 1 percent who do!). For the most part people buy SUV's for the hauling purpose, whether it be kids/people or supplies, and a two door just doesn't match up against a 4 door. My friend has a 2 door and whenever more than 3 people (including me) go somewhere we are always taking my car, which is great, because that is why I bought it, on the other hand when we go into the city we always take his 2 door (although he complains about gas mileage). My other argument is that I don't think that they would sell as well as the 4 door, and bring sales down because the cost to build vs. amount sold, and if GM lost sales it bring them further behind Toyota. I can't wait for the day GM pulls back in front of Toyota (I hate Toyota all their models are ugly), but I think GM stopped making 2 door Tahoe's for a reason, and I think that reason is they were not selling as well as they hoped. :Chevy: for life!

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I heard GM didn't make a GMT800 2-door because it didn't look right on the style.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats another reason I'm not so sure on the 2 door Tahoe's the new one's looks so good as a four door, and I think chopping it down to 2 door would look weird, maybe someone who is more profecient than me can see if they can photoshop a 4 door into a 2 door so we could see what it would possible look like. (I tried and it ended up looking terrible, I couldn't disgrace Tahoe's everywhere by posting it so I immediately deleted it) :Chevy:For Life !

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Chevy:
It's not so much that I oppose GM offering another version, I love Tahoe's but my argument is still functionality. True if you don't have any kids and dont have more than one person in the car with you a 2 door Tahoe would make sense but so would a car, unless you go offroad which 99 percent of SUV buyers do not (happily I am part of the 1 percent who do!). For the most part people buy SUV's for the hauling purpose, whether it be kids/people or supplies, and a two door just doesn't match up against a 4 door. My friend has a 2 door and whenever more than 3 people (including me) go somewhere we are always taking my car, which is great, because that is why I bought it, on the other hand when we go into the city we always take his 2 door (although he complains about gas mileage). My other argument is that I don't think that they would sell as well as the 4 door, and bring sales down because the cost to build vs. amount sold, and if GM lost sales it bring them further behind Toyota. I can't wait for the day GM pulls back in front of Toyota (I hate Toyota all their models are ugly), but I think GM stopped making 2 door Tahoe's for a reason, and I think that reason is they were not selling as well as they hoped. :Chevy: for life!

You are under estimating the capabilities of a 2 door Tahoe when you say a car will work as well, as long as you dont' take it off road. First of all, very few cars have the towing capacity of my Tahoe. Second, if I lay down the back seat, I have almost as much cargo area as my full size short bed pickup. There is no way a car can work as well as my 2 door Tahoe, even if I never took it off road, which I do. Do you realize that I have more cargo room behind my back seat than you do behind your third seat. You will have more than me if you remove your third seat, but then you will have the same seating capacity as me. If you are talking about seating room, then a 4 door Tahoe wins. But then you might as well buy a mini-van. Many of them can seat 7 passengers comfortably.

I think you are exagerating a little when you say that 99% of SUV owners don't take them off-road. Maybe where you live, but where I live, of the people I know with 2 door Tahoes and K5 Blazers, easily 75% of us take them off road. Of the people I know with 4 door Tahoes and Yukons, I would guess that only 25% of them take them off road. Around here, 4 door Tahoes and Yukons are street vehicles, and K5 Blazers and 2 door Tahoes are the off road machines. It is definitely a niche market, and maybe GM does not feel that it is worth it to build them. But there are still a lot of people who would buy 2 door Tahoes if GM would build them. Plus, they cost less than the 4 door versions.

But it's not all bad, there is one thing that we do agree on, :Chevy: for life!

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see what your saying, and I got the 99 percent stat off of the TV, from the Discovery Chanel no less, I also have not third row seats so I know how much room I can get, thats also one of the reasons I bought it. But once again I have to back to functionality, don't get me wrong I like the 2 door Tahoe's, but they still don't seem to fit the functionality of a SUV in my eyes. And I know a lot of the 2 doors go offroad, my friend (the one with the 2 door) and I often go together, I guess I am just one of those rare few who like to take his 4 door wheelin'. :Chevy: for life
P.S. that minivan comment was a low blow!!

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a little below the belt. Sorry. But you drew first blood with your comment comparing the 2 door Tahoe to a car. ;)
I guess we can just agree to disagree about the 2-door vs 4-door arguement. At least we both agree that the Tahoe is a great vehicle.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, I would have taken the car comment the same way. But yea, no matter how many doors the Tahoe has it is a great vehicle!! :Chevy: For Life!

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping it cool guys as I was getting worried :giggling:

It is interesting though to see opinions like this as I have had in the past 1 K5 blazer (2door) and 3 Tahoe(s) two were 2door versions and 1 4door for my girlfriend. I never needed 4 doors in the past but now with a family I do.

I think it has to do with lifestyle needs as well. But until the 07s came out I didn't want a 4 door (for myself). But you have to hand it to GM as the new Tahoes look incredible in a 4 door version. Heck, IMO even the suburbans look incredibly nice (to me) for such a long(er) truck.

:cya:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naw, no worries here. We were both just arguing our cases. It's easy for me to get passionate about cars, and sometimes I start to get carried away. And it appears to be that way for both of us. And I agree that the new Tahoes look incredible. I can't wait until I can afford an 07 in about 10 years, lol.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with Mike97, trust me I will never get into an heated argument with someone who owns a Tahoe!! Maybe a heated discussion but never an argument! I totally respect his opinion and like Mike I to get very very passionate about cars. I also agree with him when it comes to buying the new 07', according to my bank account probably in about 10 years!! :Chevy:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Chevy:
But then you might as well buy a mini-van. Many of them can seat 7 passengers comfortably.

But you cant take a minivan off road.
Someday the automakers may wise up and offer a 4wd minivan with decent ground clearance. I know a lot of people who would buy one.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only that, but have you ever tried towing with a minivan? :crazy: My second vehicle is a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan ES (yeah, with some small mods), and it looks great, runs great, etc. I was GOING to replace it last year and keep my 2004 Denali, just because it's old and has 100K+ miles. However, there is nothing wrong with it, so we got the new Denali instead to replace the 2004 Denali after falling in love with them after a drive. We got top dollar for the 2004 Denali (low miles, was in nearly new condition). Yes, maybe it wasn't "super-smart", but the extra power and comfort improvement was definitely a large factor in our decision. :thumbsup:

Mini vans definitely have their place (I can haul 7 people no problem), but for sport, utility (towing), and general fun, you can keep the mini van. My truck is fast and powerful, and I dunno of any mini vans that fit that description. :cool:

Hawstly

Site Admin
Reaction score
Thats easy, buy a Suburban and problem solved :D

But you cant take a minivan off road.
Someday the automakers may wise up and offer a 4wd minivan with decent ground clearance. I know a lot of people who would buy one.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lol:
I wouldn't mind having a suburban, but the damn things wont fit in my driveway and even my tahoe barely fits in parking spaces around here.