should i leave a note?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeokter

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking of course.... If i hit a pice of crap 95 honda accord in the parking lot should i have left a note.. no damage to my tahoe of course..and not much damage to the hondas trunk.... just figured that ride cant be worth more than 2k and mi deductable is $1000..oh yeah some dude saw me....i dunno???:rom2:

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:nzd:Do on to others as you wish done to you.:twak:

Go back with a hairdryer and a outlet converter and a compressed air can and pull the dent out then take off. ;)

I'd want someone to tell me, because I hate to find dents and dings in my truck. I found a white streak that I have to buff out and a scratch on my tail gate since I got my truck. and I know I didnt do it.

mkatts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because their car is not worth as much as yours does not make you special or relieve you of any moral obligation or legal obligation. If you damaged someone leses property you are liable to repair it, no matter the worth of the property compared to yours. By your logic, if a lambogini bumped you and damaged your truck, then they have no liability? It's the people in this country who do not own up to their responsibilties that piss me off. If you made a mistake, own up to it and pay for it. What would have done it you came out and there was a ding on your truck and no one admits to it? You'd be pissed.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, I would be personally embarrassed of myself if I was posting on this site asking if I should have let a note on a car that I, hypothetically speaking, hit!! It's bad enough that people would consider that "OK" to basically "hit and run", no matter the quality of the other car, but the part that gets me is those same lowlifes always seems to throw the biggest and loudest fits when the shoe is on the other foot. I am a firm believer of "What goes around comes around", and if I was the hypothetically spoken of one in this scenerio, I would hope it would come right around and knock me flat on my arse!! Good luck!! :mad2:

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because their car is not worth as much as yours does not make you special or relieve you of any moral obligation or legal obligation. If you damaged someone leses property you are liable to repair it, no matter the worth of the property compared to yours. By your logic, if a lambogini bumped you and damaged your truck, then they have no liability? It's the people in this country who do not own up to their responsibilties that piss me off. If you made a mistake, own up to it and pay for it. What would have done it you came out and there was a ding on your truck and no one admits to it? You'd be pissed.

Ditto. Own up to it, don't be a d*ck. You'd be bent if someone did it to you.

blackdenalixl

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, I would be personally embarrassed of myself if I was posting on this site asking if I should have let a note on a car that I, hypothetically speaking, hit!! It's bad enough that people would consider that "OK" to basically "hit and run", no matter the quality of the other car, but the part that gets me is those same lowlifes always seems to throw the biggest and loudest fits when the shoe is on the other foot. I am a firm believer of "What goes around comes around", and if I was the hypothetically spoken of one in this scenerio, I would hope it would come right around and knock me flat on my arse!! Good luck!! :mad2:

Hypothetically Speaking.:nonod: I agree...

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hope he rams all 2K worth into your tailgate while your parked:mad:

zeokter

Reaction score
What goes around does come around..Im a firm beilever in that..guess thats what i wanted to hear.....
BUt to all you haters. Don't take people on the net to serious.
Especially the guy tyrna understand my logic!!

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think anyone was hating on you personaly, just your attitude towards someone else's personal property not being worthy of a note from you because its a crappy lil honda. i hope that this didnt really happen, not to bright to admit to crimes online:wow:

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once backed into somebody's ~10 year old black Mercury. The entire parking area was gravel and was waay too tight to call a parking lot imo. My rear bumper just tapped into his front bumper as I was inching out at a very slow speed. It was 11pm at night and really dark out. I went foward a few inches and then left it in reverse with the emergency brake to the floor, so the reverse lights would shine all over the front of his car.

I looked closely, and I noticed that there wasn't possibly anything that anyone could do to make that car look worse than it already was. It was chipped and dinged to hell already with a ton of paint fade. I didn't bother checking mine until I got home because a couple of idiots were conversing and chuckling to each other about what I had just done. I just left and went home. Of course no damage done to the Yukon.

But I can say with confidence that I probably did no damage to the Mercury. And even if I were curtious enough to leave a note and tell the owner what I did, he'd probably try to take advantage of me and say I caused one of the already-present dents in his car.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it may be a POS to us but to someone else that car is the next best thing to sliced bread. when my wife hit an olds just a light tap on the car but hard enough to leave a little 4 " dent in the door she wanted to leave since the car was old and banged up already so i left a note with a contact number sure enough she called me the same day and i explained the situation and told her send me the bill she got it fixed only costed 70 bucks but she was so happy that there are people out there that still give a crap time to time.

X2 on all the comments made on this posting i couldnt agree more ...

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What goes around does come around..Im a firm beilever in that..guess thats what i wanted to hear.....
BUt to all you haters. Don't take people on the net to serious.
Especially the guy tyrna understand my logic!!

hypothetically speaking Sounds like your one of those guys who turns tail and takes off ...hypothetically speaking of course and also hypothetically speaking why the hell would you post something like this on an Automotive support forums? unless hypothetically speaking you really did hit this car..

Your absolutly correct people shouldnt take people seriously on the net. after all this is all hypothetically speaking :)