So, what do you lucky new owners think of the new Tahoes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Gapp said:
Thanks XM. I can't wait to put the springs on!! Should get rid of that ugly fender gap and make it look more aggresive. Not to mention the handling should be more "capable".
I think they look beautiful right out of the box and I like the stock ride so other than exhaust mod's and a DVD player I plan to keep it pretty much stock. I don't want it to be too attractive to thieves.

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True that. I live in a redneck part of Dallas/Ft. Worth, so I'm not too concerned. One of the few neighborhoods left where you can leave the doors unlocked at night. My wife only uses it to drop off and pick up the boys from school. Low mileage FTW!!!

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gapp said:
True that. I live in a redneck part of Dallas/Ft. Worth, so I'm not too concerned. One of the few neighborhoods left where you can leave the doors unlocked at night. My wife only uses it to drop off and pick up the boys from school. Low mileage FTW!!!
I mostly drive mine around Santa Clarita, but I tend to be more cynical toward trusting people as California is one of the biggest car theft states.

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I am the only one not totally thrilled with my 07 Tahoe that I purchased in June. My prior Tahoe was a 2002. Some of the things I don't like about the new Tahoe:

No tint bar at top of windshield

No skid plates - not even as an option. I hear that there is a Z71 model in the works that will have them but my 2002 was not a Z71 and it had them.

My model has two captains chairs in the second row which do not fold flat. This limits the ability carry long objects or to sleep in the truck with the third row seats removed. As a side note you certainly do not want to have your head anywhere near the second row seat backs when you please the button to fold the seats!

Gas mileage to date is only 12.6 combined city and highway. Very disappointing but I bought the truck when GM was offering the $2 a gallon gas deal to California and Florida residents.

Radio stops working every now and then. When it does nothing works - radio, nav, not even the turn signal clicks. It's totally random and not repeatable. If I turn the ignition on and off several times it eventually clears itself up.

When it had less than 500 miles on it I pulled out of a driveway across a lane of traffic making a left turn. Pushed down on the throttle and nothing happened. I almost got hit. Not very comforting but it has only happened once.

On the 2002 I had the ability to control the rear A/C unit from the drivers seat, including temperature and fan speed. Unless I am missing something you can still turn it on and off from the front but you do not have control of fan speed or temperature from anywahere other than the rear seat.

For some reason GM decided not to include a cargo net across the back. Not only is it not included but I was told by the dealer that it is not available even as an option.

There is no underhood light in the 2007. this was standard on my 2002.

In fairness to the 2007, it does ride better and feels more solid than my
2002. Styling has to grow on you. I still think the 2002 was a better looking truck but that's a subjective opinion.

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an '02 as well and loved it. I have only had my '07 for about 2 weeks and have notice a couple of quirks. Nothing major, but still apparent. There is the throttle response issue and the relative "cheapness" of the interior. I imagine Chevy will address these issues in later models. Usually the first year of a new body style has some things that are eventually improved upon. We get to be guinea pigs!! :)

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gapp said:
I had an '02 as well and loved it. I have only had my '07 for about 2 weeks and have notice a couple of quirks. Nothing major, but still apparent. There is the throttle response issue and the relative "cheapness" of the interior. I imagine Chevy will address these issues in later models. Usually the first year of a new body style has some things that are eventually improved upon. We get to be guinea pigs!! :)
I thought the interior was nice and a step up as opposed the previous models.

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably should have been more specific. I have the simulated wood grain trim and am not a big fan of it. Also, overall the interior seems bulky and plasticky to me. I'm not too picky, so this is not a big deal. I'm more picky about my vehicles being in top operating condition and safe. I can't really complain, I have the best SUV on the planet!!

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gapp said:
I probably should have been more specific. I have the simulated wood grain trim and am not a big fan of it. Also, overall the interior seems bulky and plasticky to me. I'm not too picky, so this is not a big deal. I'm more picky about my vehicles being in top operating condition and safe. I can't really complain, I have the best SUV on the planet!!
We all are lucky enough to drive the best SUV on the planet and we will have many miles of happy driving experiences.

Last edited:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mah gawd that black tahoe is sexah! cant wait to see it with the suspension kit on!

BP

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best part of the Tahoe: Beer and peanut holder!!

4d6t7qa.jpg

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! I'm a little smarter than that. Anyways, I took the Tahoe on a little road trip yesterday about 150 miles total, and was very happy with the comfort and ride quality. I can't wait for the 1200 mile trip coming up in 2 weeks!

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gapp said:
LOL! I'm a little smarter than that. Anyways, I took the Tahoe on a little road trip yesterday about 150 miles total, and was very happy with the comfort and ride quality. I can't wait for the 1200 mile trip coming up in 2 weeks!
I knew you were, just given ya a hard time, I can't wait for my trip to Vegas as now I have a powerful, more comfortable and safer vehicle. I absolutely love the new Tahoe and I make a game out of spotting other 900 series Tahoe's and Avalanches trucks on the road.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wedtwuk said:
On the 2002 I had the ability to control the rear A/C unit from the drivers seat, including temperature and fan speed. Unless I am missing something you can still turn it on and off from the front but you do not have control of fan speed or temperature from anywahere other than the rear seat.

I think you are definitely missing something. Turn off the AUX switch and both front and rear work together. At least it does this on my Navigation equipped vehicle.

cushin14

Reaction score
Gapp said:
I got my '07 about 2 weeks ago, and am loving it!! I traded my '02 in for it (I was sad to do so too!) and I think it was a great decision. I just put some 20" Incubus Origin's on and have the Eibach kit on the way.:D
[URL=http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?121fs615075.jpg][/QUOTE]

Nice Choice! I just started the mod process on my '99, I know...slow getting started :) The first thing was 20" Boss 304's, It was between them and the Incubus Origins. Here's mine "with my current security system watching over the new rims" :D , I'd like to see a pic of your wheels since I went with these if you have one! About to remove all the factory moulding & the nerf bars & a BellTech 2/4 drop is on the way.

[IMG]http://www.sellitallnow.com/tahoepics/rims1.JPG

cushin14

Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
Wow I'm new to tahoe's, I diden't know that made a 2 door Tahoe.

Well, They don't make them anymore. My '99 was the last year for the 2DR/2WD and for 2DR's in general.

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the original Blazer was to become the Tahoe, and the s-10 chassis was labeled the Blazer. That 4.3 liter V6 was kick azz.

-Cushin14, Nice truck! I had these on my '02...Boss 301's