something is wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a few weeks ago i was pulling out of my driveway (requires me to have my wheel turned to the left) and a very odd yet relativly heavy vibration happened, felt like it was in the front drivers side area... It was the only time it happened and usually when something happens only once i pay it little to no attention....

WELP.... it happened again only now i know how to duplicate it! I was making a left into a parking lot (very low speed) and a sort of "shuttering" + "vibration" occured (same as the first time)

So what did i do..? pulled into a parking lot and did full left circles at low speeds and lo-and-behold, it makes the noise/shutter. I am pretty good at diagnosing these types of problems but i could not tell if it was coming from the wheel itself or maybe even undernieth for some reason, it felt like something was catching and than abruptly "slipping" or "releasing" somthing... :cryin:

I just dont know what this one might be... please help guys!

Here is some more info, it only seems to do it at VERY low speeds, near crawling... it doesnt seem to do it making right turns, only left. i peaked my head out the window while this was happening and the wheels didnt seem to jump around. And it only does it at a certain point in my left turn, (when i have the wheel 100% turned it wont do it and if its only a little turned it wont do it) it seems to need to be at just the right spot!

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tires rubbing the plastic on the inner fender (where windsheild wiper fluid bulge is)? You may need to trim some or use zip ties to pull that portion of the plastic back.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires rubbing the plastic on the inner fender (where windsheild wiper fluid bulge is)? You may need to trim some or use zip ties to pull that portion of the plastic back.

I know exactly what you are talking about on the front driverside wheel well and yes it does rub in there... but that actually only happens when i turn right... not left, this is something else, something much more serious (at least that is what i am affraid of)

:nonod:

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine did it too due to the wider wheel/tire combo when I turned in any direction, moreso when I was in reverse or turning into a shopping center (ie. going up a slight incline causing articulation). I pulled back the plastic and have been good to go. The noise scared the crap out of me when it first happened, I thought my tranny just fell to the ground. Double check under there again, see if you see any rub marks on the plastic.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4X4 engaged?

now this is an interesting prespective!

I leave my truck in 'auto' 4wd at all times, you think that maybe it is "thinking" the wheels are slipping and trying to engage/disengage the 4x4?

Copper&BlackYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know exactly what you are talking about on the front driverside wheel well and yes it does rub in there... but that actually only happens when i turn right... not left, this is something else, something much more serious (at least that is what i am affraid of)

:nonod:

It's the outside corner of your tire rubing when it tucks in on your right hand turn. I get the same thing, sometimes turning right, alot of times backing out of my spot at work where it dips down when I have the wheel cut for a sec. compressing the suspension.
JMHO, I think you're good

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't run your truck in auto 4wd unless conditions exist that would warrant the use of 4wd. Just leave it in 2wd. The front axle will engage at times causing the noise.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't run your truck in auto 4wd unless conditions exist that would warrant the use of 4wd. Just leave it in 2wd. The front axle will engage at times causing the noise.

yes, once 05yukon said that it made perfect sence. I now leave it in 2wd

thanks man