Special Edition Tahoe/Suburban coming in November

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55736

Special Edition Tahoe/Suburban coming in November

Tahoe and Suburban Special Edition production to commence!

Beginning on November 5, 2007, production will begin on a limited special edition for Tahoe and Suburban. The "LTZ White Diamond Editions" will include White Diamond Paint (Same that is available on Escalade today), unique body side moldings with chrome accent, Assist steps with Chrome accent strips.
MSRP will be $3,165 and includes the price of the VPA chrome package (choice of 20" GMA wheels, chrome exhaust tip, and chrome tow hooks), which is required for this package.
This special edition is only available on LTZ trim.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds pretty cool, but then if it costs that much more why wouldn't people just use the extra dough to buy a Denali, I mean it has all that plus a bigger engine. :Chevy:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if there will be a Suburban 2500 with the Duramax?

There are rumors that they might put a smaller Duramax into the Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon/Xl, but those are only rumors. I seriously hope they do, because if they put a a diesel in a Tahoe I will be the first person to get one:D. :Chevy:

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are rumors that they might put a smaller Duramax into the Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon/Xl, but those are only rumors. I seriously hope they do, because if they put a a diesel in a Tahoe I will be the first person to get one:D. :Chevy:

First they will go for the Silverado. Don't expect this engine in the Tahoes and Suburbans too soon.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First they will go for the Silverado. Don't expect this engine in the Tahoes and Suburbans too soon.

The smaller Duramax was made for the Silverado 1500 Half Ton, so they have a diesel option on the half ton, and they are also putting it in the Hummer H2, but like I said there are rumors that they might drop it in the GMT-900 SUVs. :Chevy:

Last edited:

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They already do? That's great news and puts Ford behind. However, I could not find any information on the 2008 Silverado 1500 site. Where may I get the data and availability of this engine?

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The smaller Duramaz was made for the Silverado 1500 Half Ton, so they have a diesel option on the half ton, and they are also putting it in the Hummer H2, but like I said there are rumors that they might drop it in the GMT-900 SUVs. :Chevy:

I hear it is coming but I don't see it listed on Chevy.com when you build a 2008 1/2 ton truck. I don't think you can get diesel in a 1/2 ton yet. I've got to run by the dealer in the next few days, will ask my buddy that works there and see if I can get some info..

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear it is coming but I don't see it listed on Chevy.com when you build a 2008 1/2 ton truck. I don't think you can get diesel in a 1/2 ton yet. I've got to run by the dealer in the next few days, will ask my buddy that works there and see if I can get some info..

I got that out of Car and Driver, and I don't think it will be available on the half ton till about 2009.:Chevy:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got that out of Car and Driver, and I don't think it will be available on the half ton till about 2009.:Chevy:

OK.. I got you... Your post read like it was already out in the 1/2 ton.. One of my friends was over visiting yesterday and said he had read in one of the magazines that they were looking to put a diesel in the new 1/2 ton trucks and H2. It also had info on the Hybrids and when new model changes were coming in Corvette, Must have been the same magazine. I didn't ask him when the diesel was coming out so I thought it might be a mid-year after reading your post. I also forgot to ask him what magazine it was in.. We got side tracked, went out to go to the store and found ourselves at a car show..:lol:

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a Duramax owner and often frequent the dieselplace forum, and the rumor is that their will be a 4.5L Duramax available for the 1/2 tons and H2's by the end of '08 for model year '09 vehicles. The new DMAX engine is suppose to fit anywhere a GM small block V8 fits so putting one in a Tahoe/Suburban only makes sense. Unfortunately I have not heard any rumors confirming a time frame. The 4.5L is also going to make in upwards of 320 HP and nearly 600 lb/ft.

TallyDAWG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe is already in a color very similar to the White Pearl (called White Diamond) that was painted by Southern Comfort (as was the bodykit that came with it, etc)

I'll be interested to see this one though...

White Out

Reaction score
The chrome assist steps look soo cheap. The normal flat plastic ones look much better. :cool2:

Nick