Speedometer and ALL gauges not working! Please Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deekay

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so please don't bash on me if I'm in the wrong discussion forum. I hope I don't say anything that offends anyone!

Well I'll just get straight to the point...About a month ago, my 2004 Tahoe's speedometer as well as all the gauges (RPM, Gas, Etc.) just stopped working! I didn't think too much of it and forgot about it quickly. After the first incident, it seemed to be working normally without any problems until last week. I had noticed it had been doing this quite frequently (almost every day now). My Tahoe's mileage is roughly around 170k and has been pretty reliable. I need some suggestions on what to do! At times the gauges are ALL off while driving. Sometimes the gauges will be working perfectly fine and out of nowhere just freezes at a certain point. Another time, it actually froze at a certain point, and even when I turned the car off, it still proceeded to stay at the same point!! I know I have about a half tank of gas left, but the quicker I fix the problem, the more relieved I will be!! Can it be DIY or must I take it to the shop to be fixed? Please help! All responses are appreciated. Thank you~

In the first image, this is when my car is started and working fine (with the exception of one gauge not working):

21dexac.jpg
[/IMG]

In the second image, this is when I parked my car then the gauges froze up on me:

zxs7qg.jpg

Last edited: