Steel wheel help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stealth1

Reaction score
I have a bone stock 95 yukon GT and in the next few days I''m going to purchase steel wheels, tires later.I''m going to run whatever tire size permitted but would like at least 10" width rims. What kind of backspacing do I need to look for? I''m gonna buy online to try and save a few bucks so I need to have my ducks in a row on that. I''d hate to get the wrong ones and the tires stick out completly too far and look silly. Thanks fellas!!!

Also what would my bolt pattern be? And would I have the option of going down to a 15" rim if I needed. I don't see alot of 16x 10. What is the max tire size I can pull off with what I have?

Last edited:

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assumin you have a 4x4 - and thats a 6 lug - 6 on 5.5 is the lug spacing - now for offset - i would go something you were comfortable with, but nothing extreme - trust me you will want them to sit out some - but not like 2.5 - 3 inches - probably just an inch or 1½ - also take a note for rubbing on the 10inch wheels it will most likely happen w/ 30's 32's - 33's are almost for sure to rub - and... the 15" wheels - yes they will fit

stealth1

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. So would it make better sence to go with an 8" rim with certain back spacing to get the same effect with out the rubbing issues?

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's actually a number of choices in steel. Take a look a Cragar in a 342 or 362 (black) but others in chrome.

I have the Cragar 397 in a 17x8 for my skinnier off road tires. The Eagle 16x10s are used for summer/on road.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's actually a number of choices in steel. Take a look a Cragar in a 342 or 362 (black) but others in chrome.

I have the Cragar 397 in a 17x8 for my skinnier off road tires. The Eagle 16x10s are used for summer/on road.

If i were to run something wider than a 11.5 tire, like a 12.5 or something what backspacing would i require ? what is the stock backspacing on a 99' rim ?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the backspacing on the stock wheels are something like 5.5"