Stock Tail-light bulb upgrade Q.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
I just bought my first ever truck, a Fire Engine Red 2000 Yukon SLT a few weeks ago and am thrilled with it.

I joined the forum just recently and started lurking around to find out more about my Yuke and have been generally pleased to see just how nice a group of people are on here. I'm not new to the forum scene, just impressed with how knowledgeable, helpful and considerate fellow forum members are in this one. My other ride is a 95 Impala SS.

With my first. q. I'd like to ask whether there are stock bulb wattage upgrades to the tail lights without going to LED's or a tail light conversion. I realize in some cases that with slightly higher wattage comes less longevity, but that's acceptible to me.

Can anyone chime in to let me know? I've searched the forum through initially and haven't been able to spot anything.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I know they are out there, as in the past I have purchased some for reverse lights. I'll see if i can find the link for you.

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
I know the stocker is Bulb 3157. I'm unsure whether there's a brighter incandescent alternative. Found lots of stuff on LED's though.

Thanks for looking.