Subs are in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like my thread is gone????

Well I have them temp installed. I will be taking them back out after a while. It gets pretty **** loud so far. Its more than I need to drive with everyday but I just wanted to hear what its like. Its still not quite what it could be cuz they're still stiff as ****.

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

I was gonna do a finish on it later or just sell the box. I wasn't concerned really cuz like I said it won't be in there very long.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Wouldn't happen to an SPL meter would you? You going to meter it before you pull it out?

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't happen to an SPL meter would you? You going to meter it before you pull it out?

Yep there is actually a TL in the area. They have to get the software for the meter. I will meter it just to see what it does in THIS enclosure.

The break in is the roughest part. These things are STIFF. Loosening up but still stiff. I'm gonna throw in some tones and see where its trying to peak.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats your setup?

Well just to play with these for now I got a HiFonics Cyclops on the 2 new version BTL 18's. 16 cubes at 33 hz.

The subs are softening up little by little. The lows are becoming more pronounced. Its starting to feel like a fan is blowing in there now....lol

str8wkd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks sweet did you do the whole box in double wall or just top plate, think it will hit mid 150's or better

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks sweet did you do the whole box in double wall or just top plate, think it will hit mid 150's or better

Top is double baffled and the internals basically make the design brace itself.

The meter is almost up here in town. Getting ready to swap some pullies to keep my idling voltage up.

150 is the goal but these things are broke in nicely now.

All the vents for rear fell out of the headliner, rear upper controls had to go (rattles), front overhead came loose and lost that screw, tailgate panel needs some mods, cured the rear window flex noise, all window controls are loose, CD's just skip, and hell I'm having a great time!...lol

Right now I'm just shy of a hair trick. I think it will take more cone area but I haven't given them everything just yet.:jester:

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Top is double baffled and the internals basically make the design brace itself.

The meter is almost up here in town. Getting ready to swap some pullies to keep my idling voltage up.

150 is the goal but these things are broke in nicely now.

All the vents for rear fell out of the headliner, rear upper controls had to go (rattles), front overhead came loose and lost that screw, tailgate panel needs some mods, cured the rear window flex noise, all window controls are loose, CD's just skip, and hell I'm having a great time!...lol

Right now I'm just shy of a hair trick. I think it will take more cone area but I haven't given them everything just yet.:jester:

I forgot the other day when i read your post, I go to take my gma and my girl somewhere and bam the screw fell out of my overhead console. I started laughing and they just looked at me weird. I found my screw in between the seats. hope ya find yours or grab a replacement.

tann808

Reaction score
150 is the goal

What kind of power are you running to those? Are they fully loaded?

I've got a friend that has (2) 18" BTL fully loaded running (2) Sundown 3000 hitting 152 but he has it in a S10.

We on the other hand have a SUV, I hope you break 150 but were always fighting against our SUV's frequency. Unless you wall it ! ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

When you do meter, do a sweep, I want to know what you peak at.

Keep me updated, please!! BTW nice build!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of power are you running to those? Are they fully loaded?

I've got a friend that has (2) 18" BTL fully loaded running (2) Sundown 3000 hitting 152 but he has it in a S10.

We on the other hand have a SUV, I hope you break 150 but were always fighting against our SUV's frequency. Unless you wall it ! ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

When you do meter, do a sweep, I want to know what you peak at.

Keep me updated, please!! BTW nice build!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had an XX Cyclops on them but the amp finally got tired...lol

They are not fully loaded just daily set up with cooling no HiMax. I just don't feel like beefing up the electrical much more except put the stock one back in and run a dual alt setup with the current 300 amp. I'm going to be using a Hypnotic(DB Drive..etc) ZEN 4000.1d in the next setup, same box same subs.

While bumping around with the Cyclops on I played with it a little bit while the guys at the local shop(Very Small town and actually have a TL) were trying to get the meter straightened out I myself by ear noticed its "Peakiness" at around 47hz while playing around with test tones.

My goal is not really all out SPL:rolleyes: and the box seems to make the subs nice and musical when necessary (and it is) so I do baby them pretty much. I hate to destroy an $800 investment in woofers...lol But I would like to re cone something just not on purpose.

I will post up all info as soon as it gets on the meter though. I'm in the process of a build 2.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I'm on the subject I'll show what I have going on at the moment.

I'm redoing the console and putting an RE SR 10 in it, 10" midbasses and a 6.5 midrange in each door, and some large format tweeters in the A Pillars.

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

This is just an idea. There will be solid baffles to the door which i cut out earlier this week. I will have pics of those up very soon.

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

There is more to come I am just getting into it after the system planning. I still have to pick out a HU yet. Every component in the system has changed except the 18's

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I think the first build has been lost or deleted on here. If so I can post some more of the pics again.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good, I'm buying up deadener in the next few weeks and looking at adding another 1000.1 and another 12" L7. I kinda want to see what a single RE SX12 would sound like with about 2.5cf ported. You wanna glass me some kick panels for some 8" midbass drivers? I fvckin hate fiberglassing lol.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good, I'm buying up deadener in the next few weeks and looking at adding another 1000.1 and another 12" L7. I kinda want to see what a single RE SX12 would sound like with about 2.5cf ported. You wanna glass me some kick panels for some 8" midbass drivers? I fvckin hate fiberglassing lol.

The SX 12's are nice. If you really want the kicks done I can do em for sure. Just send 1 of the drivers to me for rings.

Do you want them vented into the chassis or sealed up? I can fit them in and leave paint up to you. Let me know.

tann808

Reaction score
The SX 12's are nice.

I agree the RE SX 12's are very musical and can hit decent numbers! plus they are very efficient, I know the guy that builds them if you want specs on a box (I think it's on there website though)

Those are some crazy panels your making, I can't wait to see the final stages! Man with that much bass, you really need some major front stage! 10" should do it! LOL

FYI, I just ordered my recone for my second 18" BTL, so I can't wait to start on the box. I was thinking of building a center counsole to beef up my mids, I kind of wanted to keep the stock look, so I'm staying away from door or kick panels.

Last edited:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was bored so I figured I would take some pics of what I've been up to lately (not much...lol).

I made some baffles anyway, the doors are gonna be kinda slow coming but not too long.

IMG_1943.jpg

YES I AM MOUNTING IT TO THE DOOR!!!...lol Something like this here....

IMG_1929.jpg

Did some TechFlex on the RCA's. Figured I's try it and it does look nice I guess. It will be better with the second row amp rack though.

IMG_1945.jpg

I got further with the console anyway. It sounds pretty good too. I just have to get it in the Tahoe and hear it out.

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

I'm just about ready to gut the Tahoe again here after the holidays I think. By that time I will have all the stuff that will be going into wire clean up and such.

Later!

phonedrn8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a little 2 much for me, what kind of music will be played???