Suburban 2004 - Bose Amp Connectivity With Aftermarket Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibraltar

Reaction score
I am postinh this here because there's no Audio sub-section in the Suburban forum, and audio systems are the same in Tahoe or Suburban.

I have a 2004 Chevy Suburban LT.
The RPO code is UQ7 which I presume has Factory Head Unit with AM/FM Radio, 6-CD changer and a Premium (non-Luxury) Amplifier, without On-star, without Rear DVD.
I've already bought a replacement Head Unit, Alpine CDE-W235EBT. I've ordered the PAC-Audio RP4-GM11 kit which includes Radio replacement & steering wheel accessories.
The CDE-W235EBT has 4x50W speaker outputs and single output pair only of sub-woofer or pre-amp audio.

Here are my questions:-
1. Can I directly path the new HU speaker outputs to the Bose Amp using RP4-GM11. Will doing this risk damaging the input of the Bose Amp or cause clipping of Audio.
(If yes, I've also ordered 2 pieces of PAC-Audio SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter. But I want to avoid using them).

2. Does my UQ7 w/o Y91 Premium Bose Amp have sub-woofer inputs. Can I take advantage of the single pair pre-amp outputs from my new Alpine HU to connect to that input.

And I appreciate everyone's advise to trash my Bose Amp. But for now I need to feed my kids so I'll hold on to the factory amp.

guys04tahoe

Reaction score
gm11 is the right kit, just look on the box and it will have spots to plug into the harness on one of them it says with factory amp and the other without amp, just plug and play.... all you have to do is hire the new head unit to the right set of wires and everything is plug and play, pretty nice setup... took me an hour and works well

Gmcferon

Reaction score
Analog or Digital Amp Bose

In replacing a new head unit I installed an AXXESS AX-GMLAN29-SWC It asks if the Amp is Digital or Analog. So....is the Bose Amp a Digital or Analog?

Thanks in advance for any information.