The Latest on Wreckedexotics.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy Suburban - fell off the lift at pep-boys!!

weirda007.jpg

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding. The only thing that I can think of is an earthquake, but surely that is not the case here. Some sort of incompetency.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like they are using lifts that you can't even buy any more - the ones that come str8 out of the floor like a huge hydrualic arm... - you can't even buy those any more.. and probably for good reason - that suburban was probably to heavy for the lift

Last edited:

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah dude, that lift would have no problem lifting a Suburban. You'd be suprised how much force a hydraulic piston can put out. We have hydraulic machine presses at the shop I work at and they are way way smaller than a car lift piston... but they still manage 20-30+ tons of pressure.

Man... and I was going to go to pepboys to get my new tires +mount and balance. I still am... maybe they will drop my truck off the lift and they will owe me compensation. That'd be rad.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine from church owns a Lube Shop/Exhuast shop - i had him put my new cats on and do my state inspection - he used the hydrualic pistion lift to lift my yukon so i know it can lift the kon.. - he was the one that advised me that you cannot buy them any-more

- The more that i think about it, the only obvious advantage with that lift, would be front, back, tires - you couldn't really work in the middle of the vehicle with that huge pistion in the way.. maybe thats why they stopped makin em?

- And another side note - I'm from Furniture capital USA.. - i used to work in the factory.. - Thomasville uses even larger pistions like that to lift pallets of wood i mean Huge pallets of wood - the ones you gotta use the Huge Hysters(fork lift) to lift - i also worked at a Lumber yard for a bit, we had two hysters there than ran off of old 350 SB.. those things produced a massive amount of tourqe

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The newer hoists can now just be bolted to the floor, saving a lot of money on installation over the old style "piston in the floor".

I have had one of these hoists for about two years now and it certainly beats rolling around on the ground, under the Hoe.

It was easy to install and it's Asymmetrical, so you can pull in and have room to open the door to get in and out. They come in all sizes, but the one I have is a 10,000 pound hoist, so the Suburban is no problem. :yesnod:

Attachments

• Rotary Lift.jpg
    Rotary Lift.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are they, anyway? And LOL @ Manny, Moe, and Jack... they should've called them Larry, Moe, and Curly.