The new 2015 Tahoe/Yukons Spec and Pictures!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jloutz

Reaction score
Interesting to see than many of you thought the new Tahoe looked like a Ford. That was my first impression. There were three main reasons why I bought my 2011 Tahoe LTZ. 1) I loved how it looked. The front end is awesome. 2) Interior room. I can get a lot of schtuff in there. 3) The fact that I could take out the third row seat. I don't need a third row. Never did, never will. I simply do not want to haul around and extra 100 pounds of something that has no value to me. At my next oil change, i was thinking about getting the ball rolling on trading up for a 2015. Absolutely positively no way.

I took mine out because it looks cleaner and has more room. This is a 5500 LB SUV with terrible gas mileage. I wouldn't worry about 100 lbs.

fitzo1969

Reaction score
Holding on to my 2010 Hoe with 37,000 miles, waiting for the new body style, and this is what I waited for? Very dissapointed in the new design. The first thing to hit me is the headlights, who thought that was a good look? And if I wanted a Traverse grille I could by one of those. The back end looks like it got lifted right off a Jeep. In fact alot of this thing could've come from Chrysler design people, including the high defined belt line. Do I really need a gauge cluster that just copies the Camaro? I would also like the option of eliminating the third row seating. No thanks, dont want em, dont need em. Never thought that the GMC would look better than a Tahoe, but here it is, proof that given enough time GM could screw up anything. Am I really going to buy a GMC with a gian grille on the front? I dont know, but Im not at all happy Ive waited for this.

fitzo1969

Reaction score
Part 2: Its all of the mechanical upgrades that are interesting and may sway me to make a move. But Ive got to see these things in person, to see if there is any way to save the looks: Color, wheels, aftermarket items that would help.
Damn, that thing is ugly.

Tacobender24

Reaction score
i personally think these are ugly as all hell. they just look like ford expeditions with gmgc and chevy badges, grilles and rear bumpers. the headlights on the yukons aren't that bad though

tapd117

Reaction score
I was not impressed with 2015 model and purchased a new 2013 Tahoe 4X4, I was looking for a grill that was on the new trucks. Never owned a Tahoe, but it is sweet. Got a great deal and dealer installed heated seats un my cloth. Always like leather, but the cloth is great also.

Regards GG

Tahoe99

Reaction score
Is there a room for legs in third row ? In all the prior years, the seats were on flat floor, and you could not drop your legs like normal human being.
Did that change ? Anybody seen this thing inside yet ?

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't like it at all. Looks like they copied designs from a few cars and put their own label on it. I'm disappointed.

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would really like to design the exteriors :(. I think I would be able to help design what people are looking for and the next step in automotive evolution. I would do it freelance if they would consider it and give me some kickback since it's a lot of work. I have a good idea where car design is going to go. I have ideas for the tahoe, expedition, and durango. Actually had a dream about the expedition.

LastFbody

Reaction score
Based solely on appearance:

Escalade>Yukon>>>>>Tahoe

They classed up the Escalade a lot, I wasn't a fan of them until I saw the newest one. I could see a well to do person owning one.

The Yukon looks more like a truck than the previous generation, I think they hit the ball out of the park with this design. But I still feel the Caddy has a slight edge in looks.

The Tahoe.. what is there to say other than it looks like a big ugly Traverse. I never thought I'd like the way the 3rd gen looks, but compared with this 2015 model it's looking pretty sharp now..

[email protected]

Reaction score
Looking at the LTZ, and it is beautiful.

This year's LT has all last year's LTZ features (supposedly) and the LTZ has more nifty stuff like cooled seats in front, retractable running boards and different ecenter console.

I can't, however, figure out the MyLink features vs. The Sun, Entertainment, and Destinations packages.
Somewhere in there are redundancies with navigation and serius. Somewhere in there are monthly recurring charges for service. I can't find out anything about either, but on a malibu site, for 2013 models, i read that the navigation overrode/replaced some of the mylink features.

Does anyone know?

My dealer only knows so much and is saying to go with the sun/entertainment pkg for resale value, but i don't want to be double-dipped or end up paying outrageous monthly subscription fees for equipment i may not use.

I'd appreciate ideas and feedback!

Thanks!

fitzo1969

Reaction score
new Tahoe

Ok, I finally went to dealer checked out the new Tahoe in person. Took one for a test drive, a Diamond White LTZ, with cocoa brown interior. The test drive went well, it drives very nice, good zip with 3:43 gears. Much quieter ride compared to my 2010, door wind noise is gone thanks to redesigned doors. Some observations: the center console is a bit on the large size now, roof line is lower which is ok, window line is higher now. Overall the interior is much improved, materials are pretty good now. Layout is ok. Tons of electronics to get used to. Looking in the mirror reminds me why I dislike this truck: you cant see past the completely useless 3rd row of seats, they stick up quite a bit. And fold flat? Ummm think again, they fold down and eat up 6-10" of floor height in the back end. Dont like this design at all. And with the Tahoe you are stuck with 2nd row buckets and the 3rd row seats. The outside design? Well IMO the truck is just ugly. Im trying to like this thing because I am the time frame of a new Hoe, I left the dealer not too impressed.
Went back to dealer after a new black on black LTZ arrived. Ok, so I think the only thing to hide some ugly lines is the color black. But it still cant hide that front end or the non symetrical lines of the back end. Im sorry but the front and back end just kill this truck. The black leather looks nice, but why cant we get a gray leather interior anymore? I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to unbolt those 3rd row seats to regain some room in the back. But then again, you'd be stuck with the 2nd row buckets and your new 4 passenger Hoe. Im sorry but once again I left the dealer kind of dissapointed by this truck. And make no mistake, thanks to GM's greedy lil book keepers the price of this thing has been bumped up, like they werent making a killing off these trucks to start with. So now Im waiting to see what the new GMC will look like in person. Escalade? JUST a bit too pricey and the ugliest tailights I've ever seen stuck on a truck. Again, do I buy this ugly thing just to get all the new technology, and put up with the looks? GM: what makes you think everyone wants or needs those damn 3rd row seats???
And next time you approve a vehicle final design do me a favor: dont drink before you make that call.

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I think sales are going to suffer until they produce the next gen or by some miracle fix the ugly with a mid-cycle enhancement, if that's what they call it (that's what Ford calls it). I think they need to rework the 3rd gen, but make it a new generation.

lahawthorn

Reaction score
We went and picked up ours Tuesday night. LOVE it! To answer a couple questions:

1) MyLink is standard on the LT & LTZ. You get 6 months of free OnStar with it & you can use their turn by turn directions if you don't get the Nav. We purchased the full sun package so we have a Nav icon on the MyLink system that the others do not have.

2) 2nd row bench is standard in the LS & LT. We paid the $590 to have the 2nd row buckets. We also paid for the Luxury package so the seats are all power release & fold. 2nd row buckets are standard in the LTZ but you do have the option of getting a bench in the LTZ if you want one.

3) With the Luxury package, you get some awesome safety features. The LTZ come with them standard I believe. The lane departure vibrates your seat (whichever side you are getting close to) when you get too close to the marked lines on roads & flashes red on your windshield if you get too close or actually cross the lines. We were not aware of this feature until we test drove it and the seat started vibrating. It also vibrates on the side you are getting close to something while backing up. The front assist also shows up on your display screen when you get close to objects while parking. So far I haven't heard any chimes notifying you of danger so I'm not sure if its all lights and vibrates are if there is an option to have chimes. In my opinion, the luxury package is well worth the money if you are getting a LT.

4) Pricing...the dealer we purchased at had an additional $2200 of something on top of the MSRP sticker price. I was aware of supplier pricing on GM products from a friend that works at a Chevrolet dealer. His dealership was going to sell me one at the supplier pricing but I would have had to drive 2.5 hours to buy. I requested a price quote from a local dealer online and was shocked to see that he automatically quoted me supplier pricing. He of course never told me that it was called that but I knew b/c of the website. I ended up getting a LT with luxury pkg, full sun pkg, 2nd row buckets, 20's, max trailer pkg, chrome tips and some front console organizer for $54,755. MSRP sticker was $59,075 and $61,275.00 with their additional BS they threw in there. So there is hope that you can get these things cheaper then sticker right now. The website is https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-vpp/ You can choose the Build & Price option to build what your want and get the supplier pricing on it.

I hope I helped some of you out. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I've only had it a couple of days so I'm sure there is still alot I don't know about it!

GM Card

Reaction score
I am a GM Card representative here to help answer this question for you! Yes, Earnings can be used toward the 2015 Chevy Tahoe. For more information, please log in to your Earnings account at gmcard.com/login.

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since they now make the 3rd rear seat standard (which I think sucks), at least it is now a fold flat. Hate to pay for something like that 3rd row seat when I'll never use it. Used to be an option in 2000 and for several years after and now you're stuck with the pos....and of course you're paying for it.

I bought a 1995 Tahoe when they first came out and no 3rd row seat was available. Then in 2001 I ordered a Tahoe without the 3rd row since most in most in stock had it as an option. I hung on that 2001 for 13 years because all Tahoes had that 3rd row. When I saw pictures in April 2014 of the 2015 models with fold flat 3rd row seats, I had a new one in a week.

Last edited:

Nelrock

Reaction score
Picked up my 2015 Friday.
Unlike many of the posts...I went with the Tahoe because I didn't care for the Yukon looks. Something about that grill and those headlights.
Still getting accustomed to it...but so far...I like it a lot.