The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rose

Reaction score
Tahoe mileage

Just turned 125,00 on my 03 Ls with bose--awesome drive and looking new under the hood---inside & outside is excellent ungaraged! As 2nd owner since 109k, only reg maintenance & driver-side window actuator replaced ----everything works! Plan to drive until the end.

smithgc

Reaction score
01 LS 4X4

2001 with 158,300 miles. We're the second owners and bought it with 60,000 miles four year ago. Runs and looks good for a 13 year old SUV. Up until today we have had no major repairs, just basic maintenance items when due and fresh Valvoline 5W30 / NAPA Gold every 4,000. Today we replaced the water pump and A/C compressor which were both starting to make some noise and showing minor leaks. Probably could have waited on both but didn't want to take the chance. Overall its the best passenger vehicle I've had in over thirty years; looks like a keeper!

TahoeMedic911

Reaction score
227,2xx and only thing is cosmetic issues. Motor and tranny working fine. Of course I've seen these 5.3 engines with close to 500,000 and not have issues as long as maintained properly.

Gray97

Reaction score
Just rolled over 157,000 yesterday

Mine as of today is at 157,127. To much traveling for only having it only having it for three years. Only things need to replace were fuel pump, part of the fuel line rubbed together and put holes in them near Y-pipe, 4X4 button, and tire sensor. :happy160:

bakdrft

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's the last that Ive seen. My dash gauges went out so who knows maybe more?

Stevenjay

Reaction score
2005 Chevy Tahoe 5W4 at 145,000 and besides undercarriage rust from its time as a police vehicle in Oakland county michigan its extremely solid. Did have to replace the catalytic convertor twice because of a wiring problem at the ignition coils causing repeated misfires, then convertor to foul and clog. Engine runs like its new and only done minor repairs. is; changed rear diff cover because of small leak but can't complain.

LostNSequoia

Reaction score
2005 Z71 2WD 130K miles. No major work done (yet),just PMCS. Front blower motor doesn't work, which isn't fun in snowy weather and it sounds a wee bit rough if I don't start it after a few days in cold weather. Other than that, I LOVE it and will rock it till the wheels fall off.

Dsquare

Reaction score
Tahoe miles - check engine light

I've got over 212K miles on my 03. Runs great but check engine light has been on (steady) for a month. Had this problem about 6 months ago. Shop said it was exhaust problem. One place said I'd have to replace the exhaust system. Got a second opinion. They put some chemical through the system to clean it and the light eventually went off then back on, then off again for 5 months.

Am I looking at replacing the exhaust system? Interesting fact is that since the light came on, my indicated mpg has gone from around 15 to around 16 ??

Any comments will be appreciated.

Riverbend

Reaction score
277,000+ on our 2003 Tahoe. Bought new in '03 and been a great vehicle. Did replace transmission about 6 months ago. Would love any input on an electrical issue I am having, just posted a thread about it in this forum.

Jamo

Reaction score
Just bought mine yesterday & cruising this forum. 168,600 miles. Looks and runs like new, not bad for upstate NY winters...

bill77056

Reaction score
This is an update to 105,500 miles.

Repair History 2005 Tahoe 4X4 Z71 In-Service 1/5/05
92,000 miles

Repl SDM Module
Reprogram Power Control Engine; Install Exhaust Vibration Damper
Repl Intermediate Steering Shaft and Fuel Level Sensor
Repl Transfer Case Actuator
Repl: L Temp Valve Actuator, Pwr Brake Booster, RR Window Regulator
Repl LR TPMS Sensor
Repl: HVAC Control, R Temp Valve Actuator, Steering Shaft
Repl Lower Column Bearing and L Temp Valve Actuator
Repl Blower Motor Resistor
Repl High Mounted LED Brake Light
Repl Transfer Case Encoder Motor Sensor
Repl All (7) Instrument Cluster Stepper Motors

update 105,500 miles
Repl Canister Vent valve
Repl Purge Solenoid

Needs attention:
Front Blower Motor #1 Speed not working

NOTE: Original spare tire age 10.5 years never used replaced due to serious dry rot.

largetd

Reaction score
2005 Z71 4 wd - bought new in 05. 142,500 miles no serious problems as of yet. Every time I look to buy a new one I can't justify the price when this one looks and rides so well. Need to spend some money soon on interior due to wear. Looking to get 200k+ out of it.

elpapisf

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought my 05 z71 4wd april 2013 with 140, 000 and as of today I have put another 22, 000 runs like a champ, and is strong; im the second owner