The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Reaction score
Received mine this weekend 179k Miles. Exterior looks perfect, interior has seen many kids and dogs over the years.

No codes atm

Jagtec1

Reaction score
Bought a 2002 Suburban 2.5 weeks ago with 188K on the clock. One owner, runs great! Was leaking a bit of coolant, replaced water pump today. Leaks a bit of oil...replaced valley gasket, oil cooler line block off plate gasket, and intake gaskets also. Will tackle weeping front timing cover when it warms up.

PAHOE

Reaction score
Bought mine new in March 2004, to date she has 199, 890.

Replaced:
Water pump/thermostat/both belt around 120,000
Passenger side exhaust manifold around 160,000
Transfer case at 199,500

Need to replace:
A/C compressor
Several interior light bulbs
Speedo/Tach servo motors (going to do all when time is right)

Dieselfamily

Reaction score
Picked up mine a couple weeks ago with 161K miles but only 2500 hours and the hitch has never been used. Its a fully loaded 2005 Z71 with Leather interior, bucket 2nd row, DVD player and the optional 4.11 gears. This thing looks new inside and out, and i got her for $8K.
I did have to replace the rear HVAC computer and the oil pump pickup tube o-ring.

Wayne67vert

Reaction score
Bought '99 Tahoe Limited 1st week of December with 104K miles. So far new fuel pump and level sensor, new tires 255/70/16 stock on this truck, new u-joints, new pitman arm, new visor covers, and a scan gauge to read water temp because the dash gauge is broken. I've got about $5500 into it.

owl_93

Reaction score
2001 Tahoe with 171,000. Original 5.3 Vortec. the first 50k were spent towing a horse trailer all over CA. The tranny went out at 120k because some piece of metal came off inside and got ground up. Fuel pump at 130k, and power steering pump at 170k. I have a buddy who's moms 02 was at 230,000. That was 2 years ago.. built like a tank

Felipe

Reaction score
2001 Tahoe w/148,000. I'm the third owner.1st was a doctor who supposedly maintained it religiously. The last owner used it for a kid hauler, same here. I replaced the water pump last weekend. No issues now and runs great. I can't wait to take it on a trip.

bill77056

Reaction score
2005 Tahoe 106318 miles

This is an update to 106,318 miles.

Repair History 2005 Tahoe 4X4 Z71 In-Service 1/5/05

Repl SDM Module
Reprogram Power Control Engine; Install Exhaust Vibration Damper
Repl Intermediate Steering Shaft and Fuel Level Sensor
Repl Transfer Case Actuator
Repl: L Temp Valve Actuator, Pwr Brake Booster, RR Window Regulator
Repl LR TPMS Sensor
Repl: HVAC Control, R Temp Valve Actuator, Steering Shaft
Repl Lower Column Bearing and L Temp Valve Actuator
Repl Blower Motor Resistor
Repl High Mounted LED Brake Light
Repl Transfer Case Encoder Motor Sensor
Repl All (7) Instrument Cluster Stepper Motors

update 105,500 miles
Repl Canister Vent valve
Repl Purge Solenoid

update 106,318 miles
Repl water pump

Needs attention:
Front Blower Motor #1 Speed not working ($450 estimate to repair)

tornadomaker

Reaction score
207k miles on chassis, 140k on engine am sure the trans has been rebuilt...has abs module problem as only issue.

geraldlieteau

Reaction score
Just bought a 2005 Chevy Tahoe LS. 132000 miles and the previous owner took crazy care of this thing. It has leather with aftermarket radio. All other things have been super well maintained. Very excited to be part of the Tahoe family. Oh yea, I work at Chevy!

TheWhip

Reaction score
Just joined the forum so that I could express the mileage of my Tahoe.
Currently my 2003 Tahoe, 5.3, has just rolled over 417,000 miles. Yes, you did read that correctly.

TheWhip

Reaction score
What repairs has it needed to run this distance?
I am proud to say it has had absolutely no repairs or replacements. Almost every component on the car is original. Engine and transmission have never been rebuilt.

AgentJewel178

Reaction score
Car was doing great, up until last month.

2001 Tahoe LS with around 231,000 miles has had its Water Pump replaced, Fuel Pump replaced, fuel gauge replaced, and new belts and hoses.

The one that just started a few days ago was the Battery light kept popping up on my message center. My dad replaced the battery for me and it was doing great until the light came back on and we found out that the battery light is for the alternator, which we also replaced. Now, I got in this morning to leave for classes and the light popped on again.

**UPDATE** Replacement Alternator was faulty as well, another has been put in and she is working great!

Last edited: