The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lafd55

Reaction score
0327001743.jpg

2004 5.3L V8 4WD. 151,000 miles, exhaust leak(up towards header), front differential needs rebuild, and driver's seat broken. Still runs like a champ!!!

Jacks_tahoe

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2003 Z71

I always loved the look of the Z71 and found one locally last week with 109,000. Dark red, gray leather, sunroof, 5.3, absolutely gorgeous vehicle. Guy told me he had the tranny and front hub bearings done 20k ago. His wife drove it and the driver seat has no wear. We took it on a 500 mile trip this past weekend and averaged 17mpg and was stunned how well it drives and handles, really feels like its brand new. What a comfortable truck! We passed our 99 Expedition EB 5.4 4wd on to our daughter in college and I always thought that was a great truck. This one blows it away in comfort, power and quality. Hope to get another 100k out of it for a fifth of the price of new.

jrvette

Reaction score
101,000 miles. No major issues. 2002 Tahoe LT 4wd, bought it new Oct 2001. Best vehicle I've owned.

kd0ezq

Reaction score
2001 Suburban 5.3 with 269k! Only problem is the pushbutton for the rear window sticks, it needs new shocks on the rear door, and the abs light will come on for no reason then reset

jmcspadden

Reaction score
Bought my 2000 TAHOE with 4,000 miles on it. It now has 247,000 on it. Just had minor replacement issues over the years. Only major issue has been replacement of two ( in the tank) fuel filters , both under warrenty. So other than that, still a great daily driver. Time for shocks though.

clkelley

Reaction score
Our Yukon just rolled over 95K and the only major issue it has had according to the VIS report was having the carrier bearings replaced in the front diff right after I bought it because I could hear the diff whining. Rides and runs great.

buntnik

Reaction score
2000 Hoe with 265,000 been Great car!

Bought new Fall of 1999. Been extraordinary car. Finish great too cause was parked every day in parking garage (shady). Can't say enough about how few repairs it has required. No majors.

clkelley

Reaction score
Outstanding, and I bet you guys maintained them properly to get that kind of trouble free mileage as well...

hendedo

Reaction score
03 Z71, 5.3L about 103K miles. Runs very good.

Has A/C hot/cold dash blowing issues, some clear coat peel on front bumper cap. Have just completed a major service with total trans flush, plugs and wires. transfer case and diff fluids changed as well. Trying to stay ahead of problems.

pjbabbitt112

Reaction score
just bought my 03 tahoe wit 151xxx and damn this thing runs good...

Just got mine a couple weeks ago, pretty clean carfax with the exception of some tornado damage (kansas).. 178,000 miles and still going strong.

bmoore

Reaction score
95 Tahoe 119,000

Just bought mine a month ago from single owner, replaced radiator and working on Egr but runs great and looks new!

Tug boat

Reaction score
I Have 2002 GMC serria with 265.422 And I have a 2001 Tahoe with 168,000 hard to beat that 5.3 motor it just takes a beating. I have a buddy putting one is his boat as well.

1963SS

Reaction score
New to the forum and I just bought my first Tahoe from my ex-wife's new husband. He's the original owner. 2000 LT version. It's got 140,000 miles, looks like new, and I only paid $3500 for it.

Issues are:

Engine is great and runs strong but has a lifter "pecking" after it sits for a day or so. It's not an oil pressure problem. Mechanical gauge says all is great. 30 seconds after start-up or just a little 2000 RPM rev and it goes away and stays away until the next time. (I'm a LTX engine builder so I'll just put in a set of hundred dollar LS7 lifters and that'll be fixed.)

Left rear window goes down all by itself unless the window lock button is pushed. I can "Jiggle" the windows lock button and make it happen whenever I want. It might have got some water in it when the window was down in the rain. I'll check it later.

The rear hatch glass won't open and the rear hatch won't lock. Something electric I'll bet and I'll pull the fascia off and try to find the problem.

Air bag warning light is on. I'll give it a cursory look when I get some diagrams and if I can't find the problem I'll take out the light bulb.:waytogo:

That's it. I've taken it on a 1000 mile trip and it got 16.6 MPG. I thought that was a little weak until I started to read a bunch of threads on here. Except for the one guy getting 25 MPG:Whoa: most folks seem to get the same as me.

I have the FSM's for my other cars but I can't find one for the Tahoe. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good source for wiring diagrams?

My other vehicles are a 1995 Impala SS (11.78 @ 116), a stock 1995 Vette convertible, and a 2003 Monte Carlo SS 3.8 that gets 30 MPG. (My sensible car)

Nice forum with a lot of great information. Have a great day, guys.