The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggaloCujo

Reaction score
'95 Yukon

5.7L
275k miles

Just replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, egr valve, egr control solenoid, vacuum lines, plugs wires, oil, filter, threw in a k&n air filter. Runs like a brand new truck.

Soon will be working on making the a.c. blow a little harder.. I can barely feel anything come out at full blast.

Replacing the broken fluid line for the rear wiper
the hinge pins and grommets for the front passenger door
the inside handles for the rears doors
the little light switch for the rear hatch glass, when I'm driving the light flickers
the plug wires
the thermostat and radiator cap
the distributor cap and rotor
and the alternator

after all of this the truck should be tip top.

I love my Yukon.

tahoelady83

Reaction score
My Tahoe has 233800 miles on it and going strong. I am going to do a few things to it soon, new muffler, headers, and tune up. Also want to do a leveling kit and audio upgrades:)

TB56

Reaction score
06 4x4 Tahoe mileage

211,300 miles and all is good. I've serviced the tranny, differentials, tires, brakes and obviously oil and filter changes. I did have to change the oil pressure sensor and a starter. Great ride!

TB56

Reaction score
06 4x4 Tahoe mileage

211,300 miles and all is good. I've serviced the tranny, differentials, tires, brakes and obviously oil and filter changes. I did have to change the oil pressure sensor and a starter. Great ride! New plugs and wires

Doobinski

Reaction score
Just got a 2000 Yukon XL from my in-laws with 245,000. They said they never had any major problems. Drives like a champ.

Superintendent

Reaction score
I bought my 2001 LT new and it now has 186,099 miles on it. I love it. Problems are minimal and I do most of the work myself. Presently I have the ABS/Brake light intermittantly and will probably change the wheel hub bearings because I can see grease in the speed sensor holes. Radio 1,2,4 and 5 button lights are out as well as the driver's side power window lights.
Rich in NY.

Bbb6

Reaction score
03 @ 250K. Runs amazingly well! Just replaced the brakes for the FIRST TIME a few months ago! Had a slight a/c problem but not major. Love this truck!

Mac07Denali

Reaction score
07 Denali with 102k, This is my 3rd GMC the first two were Tahoes and I got about 180k before I sold them and they were still running strong. Might run this one to around 200k God willling

rickcott

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe LS, 272K miles. Have only replaced the power window motors (front). Other than the usual stuff you replace at tune up time I have replaced a battery or two, headlamp or turn signal lamp. And...today I replaced the original shocks. Dang it sure rides better when you swap out those old worn out shocks..LOL
Seriously though - it rides really well - other than a radio/cd player that overheats it's been a really dependable vehicle.

dusty65

Reaction score
I was changing my alternator the other day and when i put the knew one on my Tahoe ran rough so i put the old one back on and it ran fine then the other day i was putting in a new car stereo so I discontented the ground while doing so the when I was done I re-contented the ground and started it up and then my Tahoe ran rough again and still does when I come to a stop my car rpm drops to where its just about to die. is there anyone that has a answer that can help me?

SouthernTahoe

Reaction score
1998 LT 4x4 4 Door, navy blue and tan two tone. 184,565 miles. (For Sale) Runs like a top. well maintained.

2006 Z71 Silver 74,005 miles. Also runs like a top.

bill77056

Reaction score
Repair History 2005 Tahoe 4X4 Z71 In-Service 1/5/05
92,000 miles

Repl SDM Module
Reprogram Power Control Engine; Install Exhaust Vibration Damper
Repl Intermediate Steering Shaft and Fuel Level Sensor
Repl Transfer Case Actuator
Repl: L Temp Valve Actuator, Pwr Brake Booster, RR Window Regulator
Repl LR TPMS Sensor
Repl: HVAC Control, R Temp Valve Actuator, Steering Shaft
Repl Lower Column Bearing and L Temp Valve Actuator
Repl Blower Motor Resistor
Repl High Mounted LED Brake Light
Repl Transfer Case Encoder Motor Sensor
Repl All (7) Instrument Cluster Stepper Motors

Vehicle now at Dealership with undetermined electrical problem.

After summarizing the repair history, I was amazed at the trouble this unit has given.

LastFbody

Reaction score
2003 Tahoe LT, 124k miles as of last night. Had it for about 3/4 a year now.

Had the 6 cd changer grenade on me, which isn't overly surprising.
Had the front heater core clog up with dexcool in the dead of winter.
Had the driver side front window regulator go bad (but that wasn't the trucks fault, sodding idiot who claimed the heat issue was because of actuators tore all my doors apart and he broke that one, offered to fix it for $250 after charging me $1400 to tear apart everything only to find that it was just the heater core, schmuck. Was fixed by somebody less expensive and more competent.)
Had grounds in the engine bay go bad on me and forced the truck into limp mode once, fixed by the same gentleman who fixed my window, and for incredibly cheap.

It's been a pretty solid used truck aside from my encounter with el sleazo electronics. It has the wear and tear of a truck with half as many miles, albeit the same fluids and ground wires of a 10 year old truck with 124k miles. But it's hard to look down on 14-18 mpg in super cold temps and 16-20 mpg in super warm temps with 4wd and a 5.3L

Not sure if it was tinkered with by the previous owner mpg-wise. Entirely possible.

Last edited:

bamspeck

Reaction score
2001 Tahoe LS 5.3 2wd
190,000 miles

Replaced so far......
Fuel pump @ 190k miles
3rd brake light @ 175k miles
Shocks @ 190k miles
Water pump @ 190k miles
Front wheel bearings @ 180k miles
Pitman & Idler arm @ 180k miles
Swaybar end links ( long bolts between anit sway bar and control arm ) @ 180k miles
ABS module repaired @ 150k miles and completely burned out at 170k miles. Not fixed. Too expensive.

We love our 'Hoe'. She does need a paint job though. Saving up to get the whole thing done instead of just the front end where it needs it.

ckeeler11

Reaction score
2004 Z71 with 5.3l
155,000 miles.

Work Done:
Rebuilt tranny
Replaced Water pump
2 ignition switches
Rebuilt transfer case
Replaced encoder motor
stepper motors for gauges
Brake light switch
Pittman and Idler arms replaced

Still to do:
Knock Sensors and Harness (this weekend)
Front seat heaters
Both back window motors

About it. Hope it holds up for another 100k my wife likes the vehicle.

Chris

aplagens

Reaction score
just hit 200k

Well, I moved to GA two months ago and have the following to o list:

rear brakes
shocks
parking brakes
front hubs
tranny flush
TC encoder ring replacement OR new TCCM, not sure just yet.....
mirror switch (mine wont move up or down)
New rear axle drain and fill plug gaskets and cover.

long term:
new driver seat cover

Im just cuirous.......should I invest all this into the truck, or simply hunt for something with fewer miles. with consistent maintenace I hope to get at least another 100k out of her, but not sure its possible...:happy160:

Tex99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1999 LT, 126k miles, remarkedly clean in and out, just severely neglected, bad rear axle replaced.
Still going thru catch-up maintenance, runs great...