The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STROMVADER

Reaction score
2005 Tahoe LT Loaded to the gills, super clean, 113k and runs like a truck with half the mileage. Had it for 2 months and love it. Ac has a leak that will be fixed by the dealer. Dye was put into the system to find said slow leak. I call it my 300hp leather couch!

ccapehart1017

Reaction score
ive recently replaced the fuel pump, all windows regulators left mirror,
and about to replace the water pump and im pretty sure i need new shocks
it becuase it bounces all over the place

BIllYC

Reaction score
2001 Tahoe mileage

My 2001 Tahoe now has 204,000 miles It has had no major problems and still
runs well. The latest smog test results were as low as when it was new.

man12757

Reaction score
2004 Z71 242,000 miles replaced transfer case and front end parts but other than that she runs like a champ

dirty

Reaction score
2003 Tahoe, bought it new, has 145K. Engine still has 'like new' power. replaced shocks couple years ago, recently left front wheel bearing was starting to cause tire wear. Replaced both and tierod bushings (ball joints still tight). Replaced driver and passenger window motors a few years ago, drivers side quit again. Front and rear fan controlers need to be replaced. Transfer case leaking badly. Looks and drives like new in and out (because my wife drives it most of the time).

All in all a good choice for us. We cant afford a new rig and I think it's got a lot of life left in it, so we will fix it.

EOBerg

Reaction score
My '02 Tahoe has 322K on it now, yes three hundred twenty-two thousand. Original engine. The trans was replaced at about 138K. It's starting to kick misfire codes, but it doesn't leak and only burns a slight bit of oil. I recently purchased an '03 with 164K on it. We'll see how that one does. Hopefully just as well!

bigrob176

Reaction score
I have an 05 hoe (ppv) with 196k on it. I've had it for 2 years now. Love how it accelerates but it needs a lot of tlc, times are tuff and gas is expensive so hopefully I can fix all the little problems and keep it forever.

Tacobender24

Reaction score
01' ls 4x4

5.3L

not going to lie have had a few problems but two were because of my doing and the rest from age. other than that, truck runs great and would get another one in a heart beat

- 3 pistons blow (done by my being stupid off roading)
- serviced 4wd (again, done by me being stupid off roading)
- rusted brakes lines (age)
- bad cats and O2 sensors (age)

nothing anyone wants to hear but aside from those few problems everything else has been amazing about this truck

dancox07

Reaction score
Have a 99 LT with 185k, probably 65k pulling a travel trailer. Have to say all in all I have had good luck so far. Repairs I can remember are 1 water pump. 2 fuel pumps.Distributor gear replaced,and throttle body cleaned. Changed plugs, wires, cap, and rotor at 140k and plugs looked like they could have lasted longer. plan on keeping it "til she blows.

ctlogistics

Reaction score

2003 with 180000 and still use it for long road trips. I change all fluids (radiator/trans/front & rear diff/ Xfercase) on a regular basis. Oil @ every 3000 to 4000 miles. I ignore the "engine oil left indicator".

I had the dealer replace the entire AC just out of warranty (dealer helped with $ since it was so close to the warranty period) and the "y" exhaust because the converters got plugged.

I replaced the water pump, throttle body, and rear dampers (expensive word for premiunm ride shocks) myself.

jimmys03

Reaction score
2003 LT 144508 miles, water pump and regular maintenance. needs radio and DVD player working. otherwise good running vehicle.

kdarsey

Reaction score
I've got an 02 with 239K.
I bought it with 80K almost 6 years ago. I replaced the alternator last December. I replaced the battery...finally...last month.
I replaced the right rear rotor 2 weeks ago before taking an 1800 mile trip from Georgia to Pa. And back averaging 19.5 MPG.
No leaks,no problems at all. I used her as a tow vehicle for a while towing a 6500+ lb. toyhauler. Also tows a 6 X 12 enclosed trailer with almost 2K lbs. of motorcycles inside from time to time.
She has been a great ride for these years. I know I'm going to have to replace her one day but I don't look forward to it.

Last edited:

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't recall if I've already posted this but

01 Yukon XL 360k miles. Just moved a year ago and drove her 4500 miles with no issues. got it at 333k. It's been great to me:)

02 Tahoe z71 152k miles. Awesome car but has a slight engine knock. Transmission takes a few extra seconds to engage. Front axle whines.

bigteezy27

Reaction score
Mine has about 164,000. it has had a new transmission put in. Other than that and a power window problem it has held up great.

john.t.pantel

Reaction score
1997 tahoe - 186.000 miles :) just bought it and it seems like the previous took good care of the engine at least ....it does have a knocking sound...i'm assuming it's a lifter or exhaust leak.

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1997 tahoe - 186.000 miles :) just bought it and it seems like the previous took good care of the engine at least ....it does have a knocking sound...i'm assuming it's a lifter or exhaust leak.

Mine did too and I replaced the lifters on the drivers side and it still makes the knock at 2k+ rpms. I'm kicking myself for not checking for play in the connecting rod while the head was off. I'm pretty sure it's a bearing/crank clearance problem.

john.t.pantel

Reaction score
Mine did too and I replaced the lifters on the drivers side and it still makes the knock at 2k+ rpms. I'm kicking myself for not checking for play in the connecting rod while the head was off. I'm pretty sure it's a bearing/crank clearance problem.

well i hope it can go on like tis for a while :) i probably will start working on the engine sometime in the spring!