The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonr

Reaction score
have a 01 Z71 with 245k on it, brakes, tuneups and one alternator is all I've had to do with it. It has been the best vehicle I've ever owned.

srm51475

Reaction score
2003 Z71...246,000 miles. Basic maintenaance, fluids, filters, plugs, brakes. A couple wheel hubs, alternator, couple belts and tensioners, battery. Replaced the gauge cluster, driver side mirror, CD player (kids stuffed quarters in there), drivers seat leather and new bumpers due to rust. Best vehicle I;ve ever owned. Wife begging for a new Suburban but I won't let her go because I'm afraid I;ll never get another as good. Plus, $65K for a new one is hard to comprehend when I haven't had a payment for years!

Prospect62

Reaction score
My new to me Tahoe has 296,300 or so. I can't take credit for any of those miles but I'll certainly be cleaning up the mess. PO did a tranny and rear end rebuild. Allegedly the motor is untouched. Runs great.

I just did driver side door pins, and I'm gearing up for a fuel pump/sending unit (fluctuating gauge). It's got all the usual GM truck issues but it's still kicking!

Poppasmurf

Reaction score
Recent purchase 2002 Yukon SLT with 253000km (157000 miles), has an electrical burp but close to solving it. Engine, tranny, all else work great-especially heated seats at -23 right now. Kinda like the 5.3, love the room for my fat a$$.

matthoef

Reaction score
2002 LT sitting right around 170k ... bought it at 161k. Previous owner took little care of things and after a cross-country road trip a few things are beginning to show their head. Planning on 6.0 and 4L65 swap (hopefully) this yr to alleviate the wear and tear already done to the drivetrain.

bakdrft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 200,000 but that was a few months ago. I don't have dash gauges to know...2003

mwrobison

Reaction score
'03 Tahoe LT, 5.8L V8. Just went over 80,000 miles. We've owned it since 2007 and 34,000 miles.

cattleshow

Reaction score
126,K 2005 no problems replaced only maintenance parts.
Hope to drive until the kids take the keys away.:smiley-face-popcorn

Colesdad

Reaction score
2006 Tahoe 4.8l 145000 and doing an engine swap right now. Old engine began chirping, I suspect it is a bad lifter/ worn cam. Was $608 in parts to fix it, I found a replacement engine for $600+tax with supposedly 43000 on it.

If it was my vehicle instead of my wife's I would have continued driving it. sound definitely internal but no metal in oil.

Azash

Reaction score
01 LS 5.3, special request to the factory from my ma so it's the only one from that year to have all of it's features, I love the fact it's one of a kind. Anyways I got it from my ma in 2007 (had just turned 16 and it was my first *running* vehicle) and never gettin rid of it. I'll drive it until the tires fall off, but maintain it so they don't! She had the tranny rebuilt at 80k and it's currently at 183k and still running strong. She's got small issues right now, but I'm working on fixin it up. If I don't, I have to go back to my beater 97 Probe 2L :pp: