think i know why i wrecked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reeseZ

Reaction score
just tored down most of the front end, and my driver side abs is unhooked. explains why it pulled when braking on bumpy roads and whatnot. so im a little pissy about not looking into that before sleet/hail and sudden 30 degree temp after being flooded all of a sudden caused this. lol. indiana weather. hate it. so anyway im pretty new to this site. and im getting pretty far along on my truck. will have pics up soon. still having a bit of trouble with the bumper and brackets and core support. but im getting there lol.

reeseZ

Reaction score
bent the core support back into the engine and all the bumper brackets are furked. other than that just a little paint on the doors, inch long spider webbing in passenger bottom corner of windshield, and new complete doghouse, posting pics probably monday

reeseZ

Reaction score
mryuk001.jpg

mryuk006.jpg

mryuk007.jpg

mryuk009.jpg

mryuk010.jpg

this frame rail end is bent a little whre the core support bolts up. i think i need to yank it out another 1/2 an inch to be right
mryuk008.jpg

Snipe2288

Reaction score
haha.. that looks sooo much like my tahoe!!!
keep it up man.. its possible... i had my frame straightened, new radiator support, radiator, ac cooler, tranny cooler, Smog canister, fender, hood, windshield, bumper, grille, lights.. yours looked just like mine did.

DSCN1271.jpg

DSCN1288.jpg

DSCN1360.jpg

reeseZ

Reaction score
i know lol. if you were closer id buy it and give mine to the old lady for his and hers lol. ive got everything i need now except a tranny cooler and a clutch fan. then shes done after i get it all together hehe. still pisses me off about that wheel sensor being unplugged though. but hey its paid off lol.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemme know about the clutch&fan I just took mine off for the electric upgrade.

Pete

waitaminnute, its off a 99 yukon. better make sure you can use it first.

reeseZ

Reaction score
nah i got a new clutch. just need a tranny cooler, a grille, headlight harness, and a fan shroud and im good.

ChevyTilDeath

Reaction score
2 doors are tanks....they can handle anything. I wrecked mine last year...fell asleep at the wheel and hit 2 ford F150's and totaled both of them and my tahoe had $2000 damage. It's in excellent condition now. The frame rail is pretty damn strong. Yours looks good so far....it's coming along nicely. Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your hoe!

johnnybubu

Reaction score
Hey, guys new to forum your two doors are the same color as my 98 four door. Looks like they are comming along. Not to get off topic, but when you do the electric fan upgrade, how do you deal with the serpentine belt situation? I mean, do you leave the pully on?

Snipe2288

Reaction score
i did a little more work to my truck... check it out now.. this is its most current state. as of about 1 hour ago

DSCN1456.jpg

DSCN1455.jpg

DSCN1454.jpg

reeseZ

Reaction score
Hey, guys new to forum your two doors are the same color as my 98 four door. Looks like they are comming along. Not to get off topic, but when you do the electric fan upgrade, how do you deal with the serpentine belt situation? I mean, do you leave the pully on?

lol, yeah unless you do the electric water pump too. which you arent goona wanna do, too expensive

reeseZ

Reaction score
i aint never had too much fun lmao. not enuff, yea lmao