Thinking of Buying- Would Appreciate Advice!

Would you buy this rig at $6,500?

• Yes, That's a Good Deal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's only worth $6,000

• No, it's only worth $5,500

• I'd look at a later year...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scoobey

Reaction score
Hi, guys! I'm thinking of buying a 2000 Tahoe Z71 (I think that's the tricked out off road package they offered right before switching to the next generation). Vehicle has 109,000 miles, is in very good shape, tires have at least another year on them, leather seating surfaces etc. etc. I know what Blue Book says but I also know prices are dropping faster than Kelly and Edmunds can keep up -- so I've got some Qs:

-- Used car dealer wants $6,500 (or $7k with a 5 year/100k service contract). Good price?

-- What grade gas works best? (Fuel costs are a concern!)

-- Any trouble areas I should have my mechanic specifically check out?

-- (Dumb Q) Is this really as great a rig as it looks like?

Thanks for ANY tips, thoughts, advice, flashbacks, etc. anyone cares to offer!

Scoobey

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you run a carfacts on it. I bought a 2000 yuk in Feb 08. Thought I checked everything out, brake line blew out. Only real problem. 1st thing I did was go to snthetic fluids. Best bet is if you plan on making an investment pay a couple bucks and have your mechanic check it out.
Depending on your enviroment you will get about 12 local and 16 hiway with 87

Scoobey

Reaction score
Reply to Yukon Jacks

Thanks for getting back to me! Is your 2000 one of the late-year newer models, or one of the old style Limiteds or Z71s? Does it ping at all with 87?