This is a good site for SUV owners.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonpyro

Reaction score
That was a very interesting link. Great article from the Washington Post about government mandated fuel reductions and at what costs they come to us. There also some very supportive arguments for those of us that need large vehicles to tow. I know my Yukon is not the most environmentally sound vehicle out there, but what else can I use to tow a 6000 lb tralier that helps me make a living?

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed.
I would gladly buy a more economical vehicle. I dont like spending more on fuel than I have to.
But I need to seat 6 people, tow 5000 pounds, and need 4wd.
Is there anything out there that can do this in a better package than a Tahoe?

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a look for a Buick Enclave or one of its Saturn and GMC silblings. Towing is 4500 lb. Otherwise a *very* nice vehicle. Would have bought it in favor of a Tahoe without any doubt but I needed the extra cargo space of the Suburban class.

Price is a bitt less than the 'hoe. Cargo is 116 re 109 c.-feet. Yep. The Enclave is bigger inside. MPG is a bit better, too. Dimensions are about the same just the Enclave falls off height by 4.7 in. Wheelbase is 118.9 for the Enclave and 116 in for the Tahoe. Seating is up to 8 for both.

Hope this helps.
Jim

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a couple of Enclaves and Acadias today.