Tint pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my trucks getting tinted right now, while I'm at work. I'll be picking it up in about 3 hrs. Went with dark all the way around the back and medium up front. I'll put up soem pics from the inside and outside when I get home. And next friday I'm getting a Dent pulled and painted, that was there when I bought my truck. My first mod tint, now I need to install my radio, I'm trippin, but may wait and get a navigation deck.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my trucks getting tinted right now, while I'm at work. I'll be picking it up in about 3 hrs. Went with dark all the way around the back and medium up front. I'll put up soem pics from the inside and outside when I get home. And next friday I'm getting a Dent pulled and painted, that was there when I bought my truck. My first mod tint, now I need to install my radio, I'm trippin, but may wait and get a navigation deck.

What percent did you get?

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $60 to do just the front windows to match the factory tint. The only issue is at night. You have to really pay attention. At $60, if a cop pulls me over I can remove and put it back on at that cost. Inspection is every two years.

Window tint turns purple over time and two years is about the max. Factory tint doesn't fade.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with medium up front and dark all the way back.

stock tint:
2299408046_36da6dea44_b.jpg

Windows tinted:
2298605843_0c603ed60c_b.jpg

heres the inside after the tint, I forgot to get some before:
2299406800_aea383d894_b.jpg

before:
2299398818_c9b4c631a0.jpg

after:
2298607615_1f35d01a99.jpg

zeokter

Reaction score
Don't know if im to late..but fyi

If your getting tint a good way to know if your installer knows what the F*** hes doing is:

if you can roll down the window immediatly after the job is done..

Not 100% sure maybe jk or someone can chim in but i was assured that having to wait 24 hours or so to roll down the windows after an instal is a sign of a b.s install

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your getting tint a good way to know if your installer knows what the F*** hes doing is:

Not 100% sure maybe jk or someone can chim in but i was assured that having to wait 24 hours or so to roll down the windows after an instal is a sign of a b.s install

I think it all depends, because there is no way they can get all the water out from underneath the tint. So here in cali its been pretty warm so the drying time should be a little faster. On my old car I rolled the windows down because I forgot but it didn't hurt anything. It's just a precaution, I think. The liquid behind the tint helps them move it around if its not centered right, so to be on the safe side they say wait so the film doesn't move around.

TravisH

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not sure where that came from but do not believe one word of that.

I've always told my customers to wait before rolling down their windows. Especially in wisconsin where its ~0 degrees. No way you can advance the drying process.

In some situations it's possible you may be able to roll them down and be ok but it is always best to let the tint cure and adhere to the window properly.

I tinted (2) 4 doors today and they turned out perfect. Told my customers to wait 3-5 days because of the cold weather.

TravisH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $60 to do just the front windows to match the factory tint. The only issue is at night. You have to really pay attention. At $60, if a cop pulls me over I can remove and put it back on at that cost. Inspection is every two years.

Window tint turns purple over time and two years is about the max. Factory tint doesn't fade.

AutoZone/Walmart tint turns purple, but good manufacturer's tint will not. Most of them provide a lifetime warranty on fading.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with medium up front and dark all the way back.

stock tint:
2299408046_36da6dea44_b.jpg

Windows tinted:
2298605843_0c603ed60c_b.jpg

heres the inside after the tint, I forgot to get some before:
2299406800_aea383d894_b.jpg

before:
2299398818_c9b4c631a0.jpg

after:
2298607615_1f35d01a99.jpg

Looks nice! I really like the back. The front is pretty light - is it 35%?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was thinking his fronts were 35% and the rears were 20% over the factory tint. Looks good though.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's mine w/ 20% on the fronts and over the factory tint in the rear.

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showpost.php?p=13045&postcount=1

In some of the pics it looks pretty dark and in some it doesn't look too bad. Making the turn out of my complex is kind of hairy at night. No lights down the road and windows up means I can't even see where the road stops and the wilderness starts, lol.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's mine w/ 20% on the fronts and over the factory tint in the rear.

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showpost.php?p=13045&postcount=1

In some of the pics it looks pretty dark and in some it doesn't look too bad. Making the turn out of my complex is kind of hairy at night. No lights down the road and windows up means I can't even see where the road stops and the wilderness starts, lol.

yours looks nice too. I've got 20% on my front two windows to match the rest of the truck. I want to get all my back windows darkened to get more privacy and to help hide my subs. I can't decide if i want to get 20% on the back or 5%.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I think its 35% up front and 20% in the back. I opted to pay $215 for the better tint film than $160 for the basic. and either way I got the lifetime warranty, on the film and for any cracking, peeling, etc.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I'm happy I went with lighter up front so I don't get all high and crash into something at night.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got a quote of $190 to do the tahoe all around except the windshield using SunTech. He said they have a 3 year warranty. Also that was with whatever % that I wanted to go, no price difference to go darker. Any input about that?

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got a quote of $190 to do the tahoe all around except the windshield using SunTech. He said they have a 3 year warranty. Also that was with whatever % that I wanted to go, no price difference to go darker. Any input about that?

You can view more pics of my tint here and I took some shots from the inside looking out, if that'll help ya.