Tint pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those guys with tint, If you don't mind can you take a pic from the inside looking out for me and maybe the outside? I wanna get a idea of how dark I wanna go. I plan on getting tint shortly but dunno how dark I wanna go.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Here's double 5% on the rears and 5% on the front two doors. I'll have to take a pic from the inside tomorrow for ya.
10-073.jpg

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quote from a local Tint shops of $160 to tint all the windows with Solar Guard. Think it's a steal or should I be looking out for something? I'm still trying to decide how dark I wanna go. Probally going to have it done tomorrow during my lunch break.

TravisH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quote from a local Tint shops of $160 to tint all the windows with Solar Guard. Think it's a steal or should I be looking out for something? I'm still trying to decide how dark I wanna go.

160 isn't bad for every window but the windshield. Just make sure he warranties his work. Solar Guard offers a warranty but just make sure he does. Also make sure his shop has been around for awhile and isn't a fly by night place. I use the HP Smoke series at work here and would reccommend it.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
160 isn't bad for every window but the windshield. Just make sure he warranties his work. Solar Guard offers a warranty but just make sure he does. Also make sure his shop has been around for awhile and isn't a fly by night place. I use the HP Smoke series at work here and would reccommend it.

The shop I called has been around for awhile, I used to drive by it alot going to best buy etc. At work we were relocated to our new building which is right across the freeway from the shop. I'll check on the warranty of their work tomorrow when I go over there. Thanx.

TravisH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop I called has been around for awhile, I used to drive by it alot going to best buy etc. At work we were relocated to our new building which is right across the freeway from the shop. I'll check on the warranty of their work tomorrow when I go over there. Thanx.

Up by me in northern wisconsin, there is a huge demand for tint with no one around to do it, so we can charge a premium and people don't flinch. I get $300 easy for a big suv all windows. I get $150-200 for front windshields up here.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the dark tint, that is one thing I hate about California is you can't tint the driver or passenger window.

We can tint the front windows, it's just 70% is the legal limit, which is nothing compared to the darker tints. On my first monte carlo I had Dark all the way around with no problems.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some last night with my blackberry. 20% over clear in front and 20% over factory tint on the back windows
IMG00311.jpg

IMG00316.jpg

IMG00314.jpg

IMG00317.jpg

IMG00318.jpg

Sometimes I wish it were darker but when I back into my garage and I almost have to roll the window down at night.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a couple today with my iPhone

Fronts and Rears are double 5% and windshield is 13% and Eyebrow is double 5% as well

AAAA.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Last edited:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY COW!! That tint is crazy dark. Can you even see out of your side windows?

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats real presidential!!! don't think ima go that dark . probally medium up front and dark in the back.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a couple today with my iPhone

Fronts and Rears are double 5% and windshield is 13% and Eyebrow is double 5% as well

AAAA.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Thats about what its like in my RX-8. How well does your X50 work with the tint? I've got the same radar, and i've noticed its not near as effective now that my windshield is tinted.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah you can see just fine...it's hella dark dont get me wrong but the pics are from my cell phone...I can see just fine during the day..now at night, thats another story haha gotta pay more attention to things. My X50 works like a champion no problems...had my windshield tinted with non metallic tint

Jsho13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do they tint the rear windows when they come tinted from the factory. I have been thinking about it and am stumped. Do they tint over the factory tint? Also, if stock is 35% (just a guess not sure what it is) how would they come down to 20%

bunkleman21

Reaction score
I was told stock is 15% on the rear. I tinted the front 2 at 15% to match and it matches perfect. I would also like to know if it is just tinted over the top of the factory?

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do they tint the rear windows when they come tinted from the factory. I have been thinking about it and am stumped. Do they tint over the factory tint? Also, if stock is 35% (just a guess not sure what it is) how would they come down to 20%

The factory tint is, I believe, 20%. They just lay another layer of whatever tint you specify over the tint. So, if you were to have them put on a layer of 20%, your new effective tint would be 20% of 20%.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the bottom corner of the window it tells you the tint level. my rear side passenger windows(roll down) 20% the rear back windows the (non roll down) 18% and the back hatch is 13%

just look at the window.....